Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Operation Beyonce' Hot!

Let's see where do I begin? Well, basically, I've been battlilng with my weight since I was...OH! I don't know....8 years old. You see when I was 8, some kinda genetic mutation occurred transforming me from the perfect waif that I had been into Miss Booty, Hips and Thighs. I was never a hugely obese child, but I wasn't the perfect little waif girl anymore either. I rememer the summer that my nanny told me that I couldn't wear shorts anymore because my legs were too big....and you know what...till this day, I don't wear shorts.

Fast forward a few decades to 2002, when I had my gastric bypass surgery. At the time, I thought that was going to solve ALL MY PROBLEMS and I'd live happily ever after! OMEN!

One problem, 4 years after having had the weight loss surgery, I'm still struggling to lose another 50-100lbs! Problems not solved and I'm still the same person on the inside battling with my food addiction. DAGNABIT CARNIE WILSON! I believed in you! I thought I was going to be a waif again! *sigh* Carnie was my inspiration for getting the surgery and I see that even she is still struggling with losing weight again. She'll be showcased in the upcoming Celebrity Fit Club 4.
As for battling my food addiction, it's really no different than someone battling drug or alcohol or any other addiction. It's a disease, a curse and a burden. So, here I am once again battling my demons and praying for caloric salvation. And so it begins, Operation Beyonce' Hot!

I've been maintaining my weight for the past year or so, but want to break my plateau and lose just any amount of weight. Lawd! Just 10lbs would give me some relief from these tight britches. I've been working out with a personal trainer and spending money hand over fist for the past year with some moderate results, if you ask me. I've lost some inches and gained A LOT of muscle, But alas I'm not wittling away like I should be. WHY? I'll tell you why....not enough cardio! CARDIO! CARDIO! CARDIO! *ugh* I didn't use to be like that. I used to love walking around my neighborhood and trotting on the treadmill, but now...drudgery. *shrug* Ain't nothing to it, but to do it at this point. The other battle is my compulsion for Coca-Cola (Coke). I love Coke! *drool* I love good old ice cold regular Coke. I can feel the fizz on my face now as I type about it. *sigh* Well, as I look back on my heaviest years, I see that one of the big factors to my tremendous weight gain was, in fact, SODA! Years and years of drinking Soda! So, now what? I gotta get off the pop or at least cut it WAY BACK! I mean WAY BACK! *grumble* Fortunately, I've found some suitable substitutes like Wal-Marts flavored water and their sugar-free drink mixes, then there's always Coke Zero and Diet Coke. *shrug* They'll do for now.

I gotta get Beyonce' Hot some time, dagnabit. Now, is the time to wage the battle for the salvation of my caloric soul. So, help me Geezus.

OMEN!

5 comments:

  1. Diet Coke isn't that bad, I love it myself. And I had a DC addiction as well. But it was contributing to my headaches, so I switched to Caffeine Free. Then I don't know, I just started drinking water somewhere along the way instead. I feel a lot better because of it.

    Good luck breaking the plateau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should get together and be cyber work-out buddies. I am on my way to losing an additional 60lbs (lost 21 so far) and would totally love cheer you on...I've been doing cardio via the exercise bike and it helped me to get over a plateau. The thing the helped was to make sure that I was working at the correct heartrate for my workouts to be effective. That could be the problem with your plateaus too. Let me know if you want to do work out "together"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration! I'm staring my journey to a thinner and more fit me. I understand the food addiction, and I think it's the worst. No one needs alcohol, cigarettes, sex, etc. to live. But you need FOOD and water to live. Otherwise, you die. So, it's very hard to learn to moderate they very thing that you must put in your mouth in order to continue living! Let's stick together. Stay strong and stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. walmart flavoered waters are the bomb!!! have you tried greet tea? its pretty good.

    ReplyDelete