Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Gary this one is for you!
I met Joanna (Sonnet Stitches) yesterday evening at YS & M where she tried to crack the mystery of the "Lace in Garter Wrap" lace pattern. *curses* It took some effort on her part, but after some determined analysis she figured it out and with the help of Carol (instructor) they explained that row 5 is the same as row 3 and row 6 is the same as row 4 except that I just have to adjust the number of stitches to knit across. *anywho* We didn't have long to confer since we both had to scamper. Joanna met up with the folks over at the Borders Tuesday Night Knit and I saschayed over to Tonic for a wine tasting. Afterwhich, I joined the knitters at Borders.
I sat with Joanna and her husband, Gary who I aptly named Montgomery Gregory Gary. LOL! Gary had just been drenched by a biblical downpour and was still a bit damp by the time I arrived. Apparently, Gary doesn't like being damp...he's kinda like a kitty that way. So, me being me...I had to rub the kitty the wrong way *loud Southern gafaw*
For some damn reason, he reminds me of Gary the Snail

So, now and forever, he shall be Gary of the Bikini Bottom and no Joanna ain't SpongeBob. She's more like the girl squirrel Sandy Cheeks with the air bubble helmet. *gotta read the wikipedia pages to really get a feel for these characters* As for me, Hmmm....I'm SpongeBob, dammit. Wait! I can't be Sponge Bob! Sponge Bob likes Sandy and that would be creepy in this scenario....*bleech* girls are yucky! Mmmmk!

I had such a good time talking, laughing and almost knitting with Joanna while Gary tried oh so diligently to read his magazine and dish out the occasional zinger. *sigh*
For some reason, folks started pouring outta there like the Grim Reaper had just arrived. Joanna blamed it on me. I said it was because I was...well, let's not go there. LOL! I reckon it was because of the biblical deluge of rain AND the fact that it was past the babies bedtimes.
Did I mention that Joanna is my little sister twin? :) So, that means I'm like Sandy Cheeks, too...not Sponge Bob. As a matter of fact, forget I even mentioned that one.
Did you go to Flash your Stash? I went to Flash your Stash! :) I think we should go to the next movie night. It's fun. And you're going to the next guild meeting whether you like it or not. :)
ReplyDeleteeh...No, I didn't make it to the "Flash Your Stash". Wasn't it raining buckets that Saturday? Me and Kiki stayed home and watched Disney all day.
ReplyDelete