Monday, July 10, 2006

Bubble Tea Makes Me Dry Heave...

So, I go down to the 1st floor Java City in my building today with my cubicle neighbor, Kip. I ordered a cappucino and he orders (as usual) a Bubble Tea. I always tease him about his bubble tea addiction (affliction) and I even taunt him with a little improvised ditty that goes something like "...bubble tea! bubble tea! It's good for you...it's not for me...don't you want some bubble tea.... KIP!" lol.

So, I'm standing there with my raspberry whip cream Cafe' Mocha and TWO SLICES of Marble Pound Cake *sheepish grin* waiting for Kip to pay and such...when I behold the monstrocity called the Red Thai Bubble Tea. GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! It looks like an iced glob of Georgia clay with these little black beadie balls in the bottom.

It's one of those things that make me INSTANTLY sick to my stomach like when you smell cat pee or you see projectile vomiting. My gag reflexes immediately activated. Ah yes! Kip was vindicated...the very bubble tea that I taunt and tease him about is the very same bubble tea that makes me seasick. *sigh* I don't know why I don't like bubble tea, it has to be seeing the big beadie beads flowing up through the fatty straw and the masticating of the chewy, thick pasty tapioca beadie bead goo. *ack*

Of course, this event made me think of other things that give me the heabie geebies.

Let's see:

1. I can't watch someone brush their teeth. The smell and sight of the foamy toothpaste is too much for me...I don't even look at myself brushing my teeth.

2. I can't stand looking at a piece of nasty, spit ladden chewing gum resting on someone's plate or the back of their hand. Additionally, gum poppers should have their tongues extracted.

3. I can't stand the smell of curry or raw onions, especially red onions. That's grounds for a homocide.

4. I can't stand the Grateful Dead or any genre of music therein. Once again, makes me homocidal for some reason.

5. I can't stand men at the gym who wear those itty bitty runner's shorts and no underwear! OH MY GAWD! What are you thinking!!! You know your boys are going to escape, right? I have to admit that I can't help, but gawk at 'em while they are laying down on the bench doing chest presses and their junk is hanging out. LOL! *It's all I have, ok!* *hmph*

6. I can't stand men with taco meat gnarly balled up body hair! Save up all your money that you might have spent on Nair and get to the nearest bodyhair removal laser surgery shop.

7. I can't stand WIFEBEATERS! Burn 'em all! *figuratively and literally speaking*

8. I can't stand women (size 8 and above) that SQUEEEZE into those low riders jeans and wear belly shirts. Your belly is not supposed to reach out and greet folks. Look! I'm a fat girl, I know my limits. Just because they make it ALMOST in your size don't mean you are ALLOWED to buy it. Fortunately, my mama and my nanny taught me (through intimidation and ridicule) the ways of the fluffy girl. Thou shalt not make a mockery of the fat girl sisterhood by wearing skinny girl clothes! Leave the low riders to Paris Hilton, Mmmmk!?

5 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! :) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i have just discovered your blog on the midwest knitters ring and imagine how excited i was to see another KC knitter! i'm up in the northland area. your site lookes great as does your knitting. if you ever feel inclined, stop by my blog: a-random-little-blog.blogspot.com. its not much, but its mine. happy knitting~ ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you are crazy!!! i got a wifebeater on thisverymoment!!! i love my wifebeaters!!!! and what the hell is bubble tea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The history of Bubble Tea: http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=what.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'd been drinking Bubble Tea, I would have snorted the entire glass through my nose thanks to how funny this post is.

    ReplyDelete