Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Gatsby Party!

The Gatsby Party benefits the Kansas City Free Health Clinic. It will be held Saturday, July 15 at The Irving House (Kansas City's Home of the Year 2006). I'll be attending with my usual entourage in tow.

I found the most adorable 20's inspired dress pattern today at Joann's.



Mine will be in a burgundy satin and organza with the most incredible lace ribbon along the sides of the tunic. I'm, also, going to make a really long necklace, earrings, bracelet, headband and satin evening bag to match. I wonder if I can find one of those marvelous cigarette holders, too. Of course, I do have a sexy feather fan that I could use. OOOooO! I just thought of something. I'll have to stash a flask in my bossom, too. With any luck, we'll end up in the KC Magazine!

Free Kwik Sew Clutch Bag Pattern


While googling, I bumbled across The Great Pattern Review wherein I found a somewhat favorable review of the pattern I selected. *fingers crossed* I start cutting tonight.

5 comments:

  1. That pattern is gorgeous. I cannot wait to see the finished gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo very adventurous!!!! hope everything turns out for the best...can't wait for pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. During my brief stint as a high school English teacher, I taught The Great Gatsby in my class. What a cool idea for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carmen,

    Have you checked out patternreview.com ? Between the information there, and my sewing for dummies, I'm slowly learning how to sew. Their databases of patterns and sewing machines and notions reviews is simply amazing. Go have a looksie.

    necia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to look so gorgeous in that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete