In addition to the euphoria you get from their luscious, indulgent, smooth chocolatey treats, the litte PROMISES Messages printed inside the foil wrappers are so cute and uplifting.
Here's some that I got today...*don't count how many I ate, ok!?*
Smile at yourself in the mirror.
Whisper in the dark.
Laugh uncontrollably...it clears the mind.
Dare to love completely.
Love without rules. *this one really stopped me in my tracks*
Naughty can be nice.
Smile before bed. You'll sleep better.
Now, onto more mundane affairs.
So, I'm totatlly disenchanted with mankind right now because as is typically the case when I'm down and LITERALLY out NO ONE had my back. I hobbled to the drugstore today and got myself an ace bandage, an ankle brace, some more ibuprofen and some epsom saltt then I hobbled into work to take care of some extenuating work stuff and now I'm off to Blockbuster and the grocery store in preparation for my R & R weekend.
See, this is why I have my own virtual pharmacy in my house...for instances like this when no one cares...Single girl heal thyself. *sob story*
It's ok, I shook if off and I'm toughing it out like always...it just sucks because I never have a shoulder to cry on, I'm ALWAYS the fucking shoulder. I get tired of that...I want to just collapse and let someone look after me sometimes, but I can't so I endure, smile through the pain and tears and keep living.
I called a couple of my so called trusty friends and neither of them even returned my voicemails until late in the evening and even then they acted like it would be a HUGE inconvenience to come bring me some basic first aid and a bite to eat. One said, "Well, I've been in back to back meetings all day....I barely got a chance to go pee and 15 minutes to eat lunch and I just got your voicemails on my way home from work...I've got 15 minutes until my nail appointment...can't you just order a pizza and then I'll call you afterwards and see if you need anything." I said, "Yeah, I'll just order a pizza and don't worry about me...I'll be fine." *hmph* Now, when she needs me I would drop what I was doing and go over there, but no more! No more Miss Nice Girl...you don't care about me, I don't care about you.
Woman, WHY the eff didn't you call me?!
ReplyDeletedamn... i would have some if only i lived in KC...me and my ducklings!!! i hope your friends can read this so they know you are pissed ...i mean i don't thinki have ever seen the F word on here!!!
ReplyDelete