I, FINALLY, finished my FIRST PAIR OF SOCKS EVER! Technically, they aren't my first pair of socks, but they are my first pair of sock yarn socks. My first pairs of socks were the fuzzy feet. OK! So, it took me 3 months to finish these guys, but they are complete. Ain't they cute?




Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock - Wild Cherry
(2) 24" Addi Turbo US 01
I am having so much fun making my first pair of socks that I can't put them down now. The instep is the Waffle Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. I love the Aloha Fan Toe and Queen Kahuna's No Wrap No Gap Heel. Check out the lovely gusset increases and the sexy short row heel. YEAH BABY!
I am a devout fan of Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes & Heels book. I've followed it to a "T" and she hasn't lead me wrong yet. Now, this book isn't for everyone as it is VERY wordy, but it has lots and lots of COLOR illustrations that lead you baby step by baby step through the whole process of making 2 socks on 2 circulars either toe-up or cuff down.
...and the best thing is that I'll have a pair of socks when I'm done!!! No, Second Sock Syndrome (SSS) for me.
I love that colorway and your socks look perfect!
ReplyDeleteSocks look awesome!!!! Great job on the heels!!!
ReplyDeleteGwen
Lovely! The heel and toe shaping is spectular.
ReplyDeletei knitted a baby sock one... total SSS and no desire to do another... ok a little desire. i just can't firgure out how to do 2 at the same time!
ReplyDeletebeautitful colors though
carmell,
ReplyDeleteYou should invest in the Queen Kahuna Crazy Toes & Heels book to learn how to do 2 socks at once. I LOVE THIS BOOK! I totally demysitifies the whole process. *no, I don't get a commission from the author* LOL!
You're the first person I've heard talk about the actual book and not just the cast-on. Hmm. I may have to invest in that one myself. Beautiful yarn choice btw!
ReplyDeletemy dear,
ReplyDeletethose heels ARE gorgeous, as well as the toe. I'd never seen such a toe treatment, and will be looking for this Queen Kahuna's book.
Your socks are gorgeous. Great work! The color is just marvelous. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteDel,
ReplyDeleteI love your socks and want to learn the method so I ordered my Queen Kahuna book today. Keep up the great work.
Hi...this is Queen Kahuna that wrote "the Book"! Your socks are awesome,you did wonderful job on your socks! I get so thrilled when I see sock knitters so proud of their socks. Thank you for all the nice comments on my book! I will add your blog address to a new page of socks made from "Crazy Toes & Heeels" that I am creating soon on my website, if that is okay with you.
ReplyDeleteMary Ann Beattie at "Queenkahuna-creations.com"
You are an absolute natural artiste! I wish I could say my first sock looked anything like yours!
ReplyDeleteBonnie
Good Job! You chose a lovely color and a great style. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMary in AZ
BEAUTIFUL Job! I too love the CT&H sock making methods and making both socks at once, toe up, is the Bomb! I have not tried that yarn yet... it looks Yummy! And I Love that stitch pattern, too! Be Proud!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you. Will you be making/selling any?
ReplyDeleteLook, I need 4-1-1 on circular knitting. I am thinking of knitting a dread tam (just finished crochething 5 during winter break).
And these Adi (sp.?) circular needles. Are they REALLY all that? Please hit a sistah up and advise: lovinlocks@yahoo.com.
Thanks in advance.
LL
Haven't knitted in YEARS; however, I just ordered my copy of Queen Kahuna's book.
ReplyDeleteShe takes Pay Pal which is cool. For inquiring minds here is order info:
http://www.queenkahuna-creations.com/
Now you don't have to go all over the 'net looking like I did.
I found your link on LL's blog and am so glad I did! Your knitting is wonderful and the socks are so BEAUTIFUL! I crochet a little, have thought about knitting...now you have me wanting to totally get into it!! Thank you..(((HUGS)))
ReplyDelete....just me...daez