I feel it coming. A lot of upheavel and change on the way for me this year. I feel most, if not all, of the changes I'll go through this year will be positive. There will be lots of nudges, kicks in the a** and dredging in my near future. *sigh* It's scary, but a necessary evil yet I dread the feeling of the unknown. Especially when it concerns my health, career, security or home. I fear that all these areas are up for renewal this year.
With regard to my career and finances, I'm taking an entrepreneurship course this spring that I hope will provide me the foundation to truly venture out on my own. Right now, my online business is stagnant. I need to learn how to utilize eBay to it's full potential to maximize marketing and sales opportunities. Most importantly, I need to sit down and actually make products. I'm in a bit of a quandry with respect to my dayjob. I'm bored and I feel underutilized. Add to that the fact that I took out a HUGE 401K loan to help pay for my housing remodel and I just learned that we will be undergoing 5000 person layoff 1Q 2007. Things look pretty grim around here. I have a lot of local contacts that I can call upon, but I don't really want to change right now. I want, at least, another 2 years so that I can pay myself back and get my finances the way I would like before I make a major career change. I need to sock away a lot of cash fast. If push comes to shove, I know I can always go back to being a traveling consultant. I'd probably rent my house out, put most of my stuff in storage and give Kitty to a good home. *sniffle* I love that little girl.
As for fitness and wellness, I'm sick of being sick. Sick of being fat. Sick of...well, you get the picture. Only one problem. I'm an emotional eater. I eat to soothe my soul and ease my nerves. Food is my undoing. I want to make drastic changes in my eating habits this year. I can workout until I fallout, but at the end of the day, if I haven't burned more calories than I consumed, I'm still screwed!
As for my home, I feel a strong desire to de-clutter and simplify my surroundings. Not that my home is one of those squirrely cat lady houses crammed to the brim with junk. It's quite the opposite. It's an elegant oasis, but I'm never quite satisfied with it. I've been going through some of the stuff in my basement, craft room, dressers, drawers, nooks, crannies, everywhere assessing whether I really need whatever it is. I've got Beanie Baby stuffed animals and trading cards, Toy Story, Coach bags, iPod stuff, a digital camera, books, magazines, stuff I need to just get rid of. I'm going to put it all on eBay and liquidate, liquidate, liquidate.
Which brings me to the topic of stash busting. I'm all about busting my stash these days. No more yarn for me. Just knit what I have. My philosophy will be to keep it simple and keep busting through the stash. Lots of hats, washclothes, socks, gloves.
I hope this isn't crossing the line, but there are a few books that are highly regarded for emotional eating.
ReplyDeleteGillian Riley "Eating Less"
Geneen Roth "Breaking Free from Emotional Eating"
Linda Spangle "Life is Hard, Food is Easy"
Good luck. I know it isn't easy, but maybe you'll find something in one of these books.
I need to read those books too!
ReplyDeleteDe-clutter is on my list of goals for 2007. Check out http://www.flylady.net/
I haven't tried anything yet but it looks like she has some great ideas.
This post touched me and I had to comment. I'm a yo-yo dieter and an emotional eater. I'm taking a new approach to eating what I want but in moderation. Exercising daily. Praying to center my soul and being proactive in my journey to a debt-free life. I will keep you in my prayers. Just went through a layoff last year and it hasn't been easy especially as a single mom but things are working out and I know they will work out for you too.
ReplyDeleteWork the change my sistah Libran! Work it, I tell ya!
ReplyDeleteLovin' Locks