Monday, January 22, 2007

Norbit



I'm sure some of you have seen the trailer for the new Eddie Murphy movie "Norbit". I just took a peek at the movie trailer online and I'm rather torn about this one.

On the one hand, it's funny.
On the other hand, I'm wondering about the portrayal of the large Black woman.

From what I can see, Norbit's long time girlfriend, Rasputia is a large, loud, pushy, sometimes violent Black woman (OK! OK! I know that sounds a lot like me, but dang...) and Norbit is portrayed as a small, defenseless man stuck in a relationship with a woman he's basically embarrassed to be seen with. What the ?

During the trailer, you see a scene where Rasputia is at a water park and someone asks her if she's got "bottoms" on (You see she's wearing a fushcia bra with matching camp shirt and bottoms with a big floppy hat and sunglasses) and she raises a fold of flesh to reveal her bikini bottom. *gulp*

I'm not so sure that we fluffy girls are that brave just yet, are we? I mean how realistic is that, anyway? Oh yeah, I forgot about Shallow Hal. Nevermind. I guess it's time for the fluffy sistas to show something after all. I wonder how many men will flock to the theater just to see some real flesh? Hmmm....

Also, there's an interactive portion of the website where you click on a PIG icon to ask Rasputia for insight. Rasputia loves her some ribs, apparently. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm sure it's not all that bad, but lawd...why we always gotta be so mean? ...cause we hong'ry?! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment