Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It All Begins Now!

:) I'm all revved up and raring to go. I spent an entire 14 days at home doing nothing and I feel great! I got a little stir crazy for a little while, but my trusty posse rescued me just in the nick of time before I went all "Jack Torrence from The Shining".

During my hiatus, I'm afraid I have packed on some pounds. All I did was cook at home, watch TV, chat online, blog, knit, sleep, repeat. I DO NOT even want to get on the scale and I refuse to do so. *sigh* I'm just going to drag my carcass to the gym 4-5 times a week and "Do Work!" as my big teddy bear homie "Big Black" would say, "Yep! Time to Do Work!"

As for knitting, I find myself getting bogged down lately. I have WAY too many projects firing at once and WAY too many that I want to start. Talk about fly wheels spinning. As per usual, I shall persevere and just eek out whatever I can whenever I damn well feel like it. I did make a promise to myself that I would work on one charity and one personal item in tandem. Well, you know what I mean.

As for the yarn diet, well we'll see. I did break down and order 2 grab bags of Cherry Tree Hill at 3 AM on January 1. I mean as soon as I bumbled in the back door, I was heading straight to my laptop to see if they had any grab bags left. I managed to score a bag of Earth tones and a bag of Jewel tones. I just couldn't resist. I mean $30 for a pound of the good stuff. But, from here on out. It's swap or reach into the yarn stash until Stitches Midwest.

4 comments:

  1. I am laughing at the image of you tearing into the house minutes after midnight to get in a last minute stash purchase! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get your grab bags yet? I've heard several people complaining that all they got was Baby Loop Mohair (which was actually cheaper if you ordered it individually in the sale).

    ReplyDelete
  3. katie,

    I just read the thread on the KnittyBoard about the grab bags and I'm scared. No, I haven't gotten mine yet, but I emailed them and asked if I could cancel if they haven't mailed mine yet. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete