

So, I think I blogged a while back how I found this gem of a deal at a local Goodwill. I stumbled across about 20 skeins of 100% Virgin Wool Red Heart yarn for 50 cents each. YES! Only trouble was some of it was those Gawd Awful 70s colors like Harvest Yellow, Turquoise and Fuscia. Ewww...what to do, eh? Well, I found a nice lady named Rita Nauman that was willing to overdye my little bundles of joy for a reasonable price and here is her lovely work for all to see.
Check out more of Rita's work at her blog "Rita's G-String at CelticHarpandDrum" and Rita's Etsy and eBay store for more of her fibery goodness.
The Harvest Yellow was transformed into lovely green.
The Turquoise was transformed into beautiful purple and blue skeins.
and The Hot Pink for turned into a maroon color.
Check out the vintage labels:

What an awesome ide!!! The colors look great.
ReplyDeleteGwen
That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteRed Heart MAKES wool yarn?!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that RH made pure fiber yarn. Great colorways... enjoy!
ReplyDeleteYepper! Back in the day, Red Heart and many other yarn manufacturers made 100% Wool yarn products! They even had a special "Virgin Wool" symbol on the label.
ReplyDeletehey carmen...so glad you like the yarn..thanks for the plug. How's stuff?
ReplyDeleterita n/
THATS red heart!!! wow looks amazing... if only it could be like that all the time. Rita you better go apply for a job!!
ReplyDelete