Friday, September 15, 2006

Project Runway Season 3: EPISODE #10: Black and White

Laura WINS!


I must say that I do like Laura's dress, but I wish she had accented the dress more with some elegant jewelry and maybe an up-do wig on her model. Don't get me wrong, Laura is one of my 2 favorites to win and I'm glad she got her time to shine, but I think her overall look could have just been a bit more sophisticated and polished with a nice necklace and earrings. Notice that Laura herself is very well appointed. Her dress fits her well and hides her pregnancy a bit.

Honestly, I was rooting for Michael on this challenge. Michael's dress...the entire look was ON FIRE! I love Michael's eye. He's always on point, except for last challenge, but even then all that was required to make his dress a hit was to tuck in some fabric on the bodice and VOILA! Magnifique!


As for Miss Kayne, well, it was her time to go. She didn't listen at all and the judge were justified in letting her go. The front of the dress was marvelous, but the tacky white strip of fabric laced into the back of the dress was so juvenille. Better luck next time, mama.


As for the twist of bringing Angela and Vincent back....*pfft* Nice try, but no thanks. Everyone already knew these guys were going to go back home AGAIN.

Angela's monstrosity of a "cocktail" dress was just that...a monstrous disaster! I was embarrased for the model to even have to walk the runway in that horror. I mean, as a regular ole girl, I could never see myself arriving at a party with the crazy ruffled pleather shrug and the seams on the bottom of the dress where her usual "signature" crazyness. Very sloppy. NO! NO! NO! ...and oh so lazy to just stuff all her extra fabric inside the off the shelf handbag that she didn't make....*eyeroll*


With just Michael, Jeffrey, Laura and Uli left vying for the final 3 positions, my money is on Uli to be the next to go. Unless she can really pull off something completely different and unique, I believe the judges are tired of seeing the same ole...same ole walk down the runway each week.

Actually, I like Uli's cocktail dress with a few revisions. I think it would have been more chic if she had left out the sleeves and only had a strap or even strapless. As for the extra fabric, once again, a nice handbag would have been a great idea or even a cool headwrap?

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Do you think Michael might actually win? I think he is the best on this season.

    Shorty

    ReplyDelete