Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ArtFibers Yarn Shop of San Francisco, CA

So, I bumbled down to ArtFibers Yarn Shop today! Fortunately, it's only a few city blocks from the hotel where the conference I'm attending is being held, so I just hoofed it down there during a boring workshop today.

The shop is clearly designated on the street and signs lead you up a steep flight of stairs and down a narrow hallway to the yarn shop on the second floor. What a lovely little oasis in the city! I can imagine working in the San Francisco Financial District and stopping by Art Fibers during and extended lunch hour to salivate over the myriad of fibery delight.

SCORE! I love this shop! Kira, the Yarn Maven rocks! It was she who hipped me to the partial spools of yarn in the big grab bags priced for pennies on the gram.

WELL! I proceeded to lose my mind!

I mean I pulled out heaps and heaps of bags, dumped them out, hunted, sorted, pecked and fretted over so many spools of yarn. After some contemplation, meditation, medication and prayer, I finally settled on several spools of what I'm guessing are:
I paid roughly 20 to 25 cents per gram for a bag and a half of these yarns. It set me back a couple hundred dollars, but where else am I going to score the good stuff like this for pennies per gram?
NO WHERE! I may even go back tomorrow and scope out the yarn again to make sure I got ALL of the good stuff. *smirk*

Since eveything is a different color, I plan to overdye similar colors, so that I have enough to finish a project.

Kira was nice enough to ship my booty of fiber goodness to my home, so it will be waiting for me when I get there. I've only got 1.5 more days here in San Francisco, then I go to Los Angeles for more fiber adventures!

YES! So, you'll have to wait until I get home for the yarn pr0n.

5 comments:

  1. You are absolutely crazy. I look forward to the pr0n!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it and hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick some up for me!!!! You know the colors I like! I would love, love, love you!!!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous! :) Have fun shopping! (and if you think of me, get me some!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news girls! Mama's coming home with the good stuff.

    I'll bring it to knit night at Border's this Tuesday (Oct. 3) assuming I have it all there already and y'all can pick out some stuff.

    ReplyDelete