Sunday, September 03, 2006

Outing Copyright Violators.

As an artist, of sorts, and a Libra, I feel very strongly about people who steal someone else's work.

While I was googling for the Panta headband pattern the other night, I stumbled across YET ANOTHER Etsy charlatan. This particular charlatan is selling the Panta headbands online in her store. I promptly sent an email to Drops Design/The Garn Studio with links to the offending seller. The Garn Studio states very plainly on the pattern that you cannot use their pattern for resale.

If you see someone out there selling products created from a copywritten FREE pattern, don't hesitate to inform the author. It's only right.

2 comments:

  1. Did you hear back from Garn studio? Or if the etsy chick took it down? I saw some hallowigs (I think - though they looked crocheted) while I was on vacation. But they weren't labeled as hallowigs and the pattern looked altered. So I didn't say anything. But I thought about it. I even took pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see the booga bag pattern on sell at ebay all the time...

    ReplyDelete