My favorite design for this episode was Laura's "For Nuts Only" dress. I love her simple, elegant style. The flower was the the cherry on top. Did I mention that home girl dresses her ass off for each and every episode. Not something you see these days.
Michael's dress was well executed and functional.
He's definately headed to the final 3 and possibly the win.
On a separate tangent, the more I watch Michael the more I am convinced that my college crush was in the closet. To think I was in love with him for 3 long, painful years and didn't even realize that he was in the closet. I had a crush on him from the first moment I saw him and could never reconcile why he never found me romatically viable. Sure, he dated women, but now, I understand...those women didn't really mean anything to him and they were just a coverup. He spared me that by not allowing my desires to overshadow our friendship. It's always interesting to watch brothas on the "Down Low" on TV. First, there was Karamo on MTV's Real Life Philadelphia and now we have Michael.
Jeffrey's dress was the most innovative in his use of the paper and the color. It flowed nicely down the runway.
My heart goes out to Kayne. I know it wasn't easy to come up with something on the fly. I think he could have saved the original skirt by simply painting it a solid color and shortening it a bit.
Even though, Allison's dress wasn't flattering for her model, I don't think she should have been eliminated because Vincent's dress was horrific. The dress was not functional and the fit was awful.
Hi -- I came across your blog while seraching for reviews of the KIPer bags. After your comments, I'm not sure they are the perfect bag for me (I also have a lot of stuff that I would like to go in the purse section), but that's not to say I won't give them a try :)
ReplyDeleteI felt so bad for Kayne on PR! He knew it was bad. The only thing that saved him was his prior work, I think. His aesthetic is not crap. Plus, he didn't try to defent the dress, he took the criticism.
Vincent, on the other hand -- why is he still around? My six year old could have made that dress! It was hideous.
I'm enjoying your blog so much. Take care,
Janet
It is interesting how Robert was twice given a "pass" because the judges believed in his talent. Why could they not extend this courtesy to Alison. Every garment she's made previously was wonderful. Too bad. I think her designs are lovely.
ReplyDeleteI think it's crap that Vincent is still there. His dresses are overly simplistic. Even I could make a tube dress. I really wish Allison was still there. I love some of her designs and her personality. She was so sweet. I'll miss her.
ReplyDeleteI do admit that Kayne's dress was hit with the ugly stick. Good lord, whatever inspired him to pick up green and purple paint.
According to this interview, Michael is straight. But, he sure seems to be on the down low. He's an excellent designer. He had me at coffee filters.
ReplyDeleteTeri,
ReplyDeleteGet out! You did your homework, girl! I should have, but I am resigned in my opinion that homie is on the DL! Just too many non verbals that indicate he is, at least, bi-sexual.