Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Legacy of Two Socks on Two Circulars Continues...

After having received my Queen Kahuna "Crazy Toes and Heels" sock book AND my brand new shiny pretty Addi Turbos, I have cast-on yet again in hopes of completing my VERY FIRST pair of socks! *fingers crossed*

Thus far, I have been struggling to grasp the concepts of making Two Socks on Two Circulars, but with Queen Kahuna's book and my new favorite circulars, I am mastering all kinds of techniques. First, I cast-on using Queen's "Aloha Cast-On" for toe up socks and now, I'm working the toes using Queen's "Fan Toe" technique.

Fan Toe

I love the look of the fan toe compared to conventional toe techniques.

Here are my previous attempts at toe up socks over the past 5 months.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the socks. They can be frustrating at first, but once you get one pair finished (or even one sock finished) I bet you'll be hooked. Toe-up is my absolute favorite way to do socks — so much that I rework most patterns so they're toe-up with short-row heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling with my first sock right now!! I just frogged it because the heel wasn't right and I decided to give it a go another time. The heel is so challenging! Arrrgghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, these are your first socks? I didn't know that. I would have praised you a whole lot more. You looked as though you knew what you were doing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete