Friday, September 28, 2007

THE BIG PURGE!

*pulls at hair*
*silent scream*
*shakes fists at air*
*grumble*
*plops on sofa*
*slumps; gazing blankly at laptop screen*
*blink*

OK! Can you tell I'm frustrated? Yeah. I'm sick and tired of C L U T T E R. I hate it when stuff is just laying around my house taking up space and gathering dust. Now anyone who has been inside my house knows that it is not even close to what a normal person would consider messy or cluttered, BUT in my own mind it feels like everything is closing in around me. I suspect its the same mentality as when a 98lb anorexic says they are fat. Actually, I think I get like this EVERY FALL. Like clockwork, I reached my boiling point and have started ferreting out stuff from every knook and cubbie of my house. I've even started dredging up stuff from the basement! Yes, B A S E M E N T. It's like the resurrection when you reach down into the depths of the basement and bring forth items you left to rot ages ago to the light of day. I've got items up for sale on eBay, I had a mini scrapbook rummage sale this morning to be continued as needed until most of it is gone, I'm preparing my items for the knitting guild's upcoming Shop & Swap sale, a heap of clothing and housewares to go to the Ozanam charity in about a week AND a pile of broken electronics and other recyclables to go to the recycling center. *phew* My entire house is like one of those shifting puzzles where you move the numbered tiles around until they are in sequential order. I've got these heaps and piles laying in wait...waiting to clear one pile to make room for another pile until I can make space to properly put something else away. *ugh* A large portion of stuff is waiting until I can get the floor put down upstairs in my craft room. I have been procrastinating about the flooring since last October. I can't properly put my yarn, knitting books, etc. away until the floor is put in so I can setup the cubbies and shelves to store the yarn and books. *silent scream again* *composes self* *ehem* I'll get there...just not soon enough at this juncture. *grumble* Now, I'm off to pack away the scrapbooking stuff that didn't' sell today and drag it back down to the dark recesses of the basement until time to sell again. Back to work! Andiamo! Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. omg, we are on the SAME wavelength! Maybe we should have a DE-clutter KAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that a 3 way then because I've been feeling the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should have a de-clutter KAL cuz I'm right there with you. I'm not sure if it's because it's fall or that I'm moving, but things have been going to Goodwill or eBay by the boxfull.

    Maybe because I live in a studio apartment I have the motto of "If I bring something in, something has to go out."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I get this way every fall too. My Mom calls it my "nesting" and I want to organize, clean, and declutter and I make up schedules for all of it and diligently follow for a bit then my energy runs out and I stop doing it all together until next fall. :)

    I usually start to read all the Flylady.net documents and get fired up for it all but it ends up being so much work! I'd rather do something fun like knitting or crochet instead of cleaning.

    Tali

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go - I'm freaking out at all the clutter in my house right now, too. I never think your house is cluttery. Your house is gorgeous. Mine is small and even a little clutter seems like it's eating a girl alive, and right now it's more than a little clutter! UGH. I almost want to take a week off by myself and just deal with it. On weekends or when G and I are off work at the same time I don't ever want to do house work, I want to hang out with him and go out and do things and we can easily talk each other out of cleaning.
    I need to do something like invite all you girls over on a certain date so I know I have to have my house clean by then.

    ReplyDelete