EMOTIONS!
I don't know, but I think today was "Mess With Carmen" day. It began when one of my co-workers hide under his desk when he heard me bellow for him from my desk a couple rows over. I walked over to his cube and he wasn't there. I threw up my hands and started to walk away when I hear him say, "Did it work!?" I turn around and go back to his cubicle and he's crawling out from under his desk. I say, "Uh? Why you hiding under your desk?!" He says, "Why not?!" *grumble* A work related conversation ensues wherein he starts to "mash my buttons" raising my anxiety about an impending launch date for a software update that I'm project managing. I tell him, "Look! Don't mess with a Black woman's emotions. It never ends well." LOL! That's how my day started.
Later on, at the gym, I was picking Abe and Tony's collective brains for NFL game day picks for a corporate contest we are having and Abe starts in on me. Once again, I had to issue the warning. "Don't make my Chickasaw flare up, boy!" *eyeroll* Abe enjoys mashing my buttons and making me ratchet up. I've threatened to kick him in the balls or hit him in the throat on several occasions. LOL! *ehem*
Another funny workout story. So, Jason and I are working out that evening and he's got me doing all these back exercises. Curious, I ask why we care about working on my back muscles. He replied, "So, your 'girls' will lift and separate." To which I replied, "Uh! My 'girls' are like Humpty Dumpty. They will NEVER be the same again! I just date men that don't care about the 'girls' anyway." LMAO! He blushed. I laughed. It was cute.
Then, at knit night, I was lamenting about the events of the day and Joanna said, "Yeah, Carmen you have your own terror warning levels!" Then, I said, "Yeah, Green Black and Red" (for my Irish, Black and Native American heritage) LOL! Somehow that segued into me talking about a scene from "The Cell" where Jennifer Lopez's character, Catherine was trapped in the mind of a serial killer, Carl Rudolph Stargher and FBI Agent Peter Novak was sent in to retrieve her. Carl captured Peter (in his subconscious) and began torturing him. He was bound spread eagle on a table while Carl gingerly cranked a rotisserie spit type devices which wrapped Peter's intestines around a spiked spit. By the way, if you haven't seen this movie, you might want to rent it just for the costumes...absolutely gorgeous.
ANYWHO!
I'm so excited! Amber of MisKnits has a selection of the new, hot HIYA HIYA needles in stock. Of course, I had to buy a couple sets, but I want to buy the entire line from US000 to US13. She only has the popular sock sizes in right now in 4" and 6" lengths. I bought a couple balls on Mandarin Petit cotton for headbands. I'm on a roll now. I'm in the zone. I'm addicted to finishing projects! I love making little things now. It takes entirely too long to finish a plus size sweater or tee, so I've resorted to accessories for the time being. :)
Over the weekend I threatened several swift kicks to the nuts. Though NOT to Tattoo Boyfriend as I need his later. He gets a kick in the ass.
ReplyDeleteFinishing projects? What is that??