Saturday, September 15, 2007
Cristi loves her socks!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
They are done. Ils sont finit. I, literally, had about a foot of yarn left when all was said and done. Talk about cutting it close. *phew* Finally, got around to taking photos of the finished sock. Box will be shipped on Monday. YEAH! Am I the only one that noticed today is backward, 09/08/07? I wonder what the day has in store for me. *hmmm*
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Only 2 more pattern repeats and the ribbing and these babies are D O N E! YEAH!
As usual, I'm right up against the deadline, but I'm confident I can get them finished in time. I've already done my goodie shopping, so all I'll need to do is finish the socks and block 'em.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
I didn't get a chance to concentrate on these last week during Stitches Midwest, but I'm back at it again and I'm nearing the finish line. It took some wrangling, but I figured out how to continue the stitch pattern up into the cuff. I just made the back the same as the front with some ribbing on the sides. *phew* I hope to be done with these just before the deadline. As usual...
Thursday, August 2, 2007
The Chelonians, pronounced KEY LOW NIAN, are moving right along now. I'm turning the heel on one of them and I'll have that one day tonight, then I start turning the heel on the other sock tonight or tomorrow. All in all, I'm pretty confident that I'll have them both done before Cristi's birthday on August 10!
Pictures soon.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
These are for the beautiful, vivacious Cristi aka Turtlegirl76.
A couple of weeks ago, the moons of Jupiter aligned and I was able to find the PERFECT yarn and colorway and PERFECT stitch pattern to showcase said colorway. I'm just about to start the gusset increases.
BEHOLD!
Stitch Pattern: Stansfield 196 from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Church
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM P514-171





Oh, those are sooooo turtlegirl! So pretty! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm just catching up reading some of your past blog posts!! I LOVE them!! :)
KOIGU!!! WEEE!
ReplyDeleteOoh they're so pretty! Love that stitch pattern!
They are looking great! Perfect selection for Cristi!
ReplyDeleteI do love your green socks.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm loving all my new clothes. ;)
Miss you guys... got back in town Tuesday late and am seriously in need of cheering up.
Nice looking socks in progress there!! Definately turtlegirl colors! :)
ReplyDeletemmm, LOVE LOVE the stitch pattern...just bought More Sensational, maybe I'll try that one next.
ReplyDeleteYay! Hey, at least we were both late. Great match, eh? ;) You should get your package today or monday if you haven't already. Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteThe socks look great. I got some cutting boards at IKEA to try to make some of my own.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing. :-)
Gwen