Friday, September 07, 2007

MisKnits Play Hookie Friday

So, I took another sojourn from corporate strife today and decided to hoof it up to MisKnits to hangout with the loverly Amber, proprietor and resident yarn matron.

I had an itch and I knew just where to go to scratch it. I wanted more yarn and a kick@ss baby boy pattern for my friends Scott and Lori who welcomed their new little Ronan Bade into the family last night. Hence all the baby patterns queued up on Ravelry. I can't forget my pretend little sister Ashanti who asked me to knit something for her little girl who is due any day now. I'm all about the easy quick knitting these days and plus size knitting takes a LONG LONG time. I need some instant knitification, y'all.

So, while at MisKnits, Amber selected the CUTEST pattern booklet ever for me. Mandarin Baby 0605 Baby/Barn 0-4ar by SandnesGarn, a Norwegian company. I instantly fell in love with No 2: the Chocolate and Turquoise set.



Instead of the Mandarin Petit called for in the pattern, I opted for SandnesGarn Sisu in Brown and Lime Green. I even bought a couple extra balls in Sisu Cranberry and Fjord Blue for a pair of Endpaper Mitts and another pair of Endpaper Mitts in Brown and Magenta.

So, as we're sitting in the shop knitting and chatting away, Amber had the ingenius idea for PLAY HOOKIE FRIDAY for those Fridays when you want to escape. I think it's a great idea! Just take off and head for the shop for some knit therapy. You should try it, I like it!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you bought the same book I did. That's the one that Lindsay's sweater is in.

    I miss you.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm all about the easy quick knitting these days and plus size knitting takes a LONG LONG time."
    AMEN SISTER! I hate to knit sweaters for myself because it is so time consuming and so expensive. I get uber jealous of the skinny gals who can get a sweater out of 1000yds of yarn. Pfft. Lol

    Very cute baby set! I like lime and chocolate colors together, too. Can't wait to see the FO's. I was wondering why you had all of the baby knits queued up on Ravelry, started to think there may be a Dulce Baby on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete