Thursday, September 27, 2007

BLOGSTALKING: ASSIGNMENT 3 - How I Get From Here to There!!

IMGP1021

Here is my trusty steed, Sir Walter Drake, the Black. He is a 1999 Toyota Solara SLE that I purchased in the spring of 1999 when he had only 10 miles. He woo'd me with his stealthy, silent gait and his strong and powerful acceleration and attentive braking. I knew we were made for each other after the test drive. I HAD TO HAVE HIM! HE WOULD BE MINE!

We drew everyone's gaze as we strode together around town. Not many had seen such a beautiful, sleek creature in our part of the world. He was a marvel, indeed.

I named him Sir Walter Drake in part because my previous steed was named, Walter. Walter was a 1991 Toyota Camry LE. Walter seemed like a nice normal, trustworthy, dependable name and so was my car, but my new car need a more stately name. Something regal. Thus, I knighted my steed Sir Walter Drake, the Black.

Even though Sir Drake is a bit long in the tooth these days, I have no immediate plans to part with him. He's been through a lot these past 8 years, yet he continues to serve me well with that silent fortitude that initially drew me to him.

Let's face it. After the first few years, I have let things slip a bit. I can't remember the last time I took him for a nice wash and wax or even vacuumed. *shrug* He's got a few scratches and most recently a big swatch of white paint from when I grazed the side of the garage door a few months ago. Little acetone should fix that right up, though. *sigh* Don't know when I'll get around to fixing that.

Now for the assignment photos.

I had to take these photos of Sir Drake under cover of dark because my neighbors have been painting all weekend and would think I was entirely insane if they saw me snapping photos of my car (inside and out). We share a driveway, so there's no hiding what you're doing.

IMGP1022

IMGP1017

There's my diva big sunglasses.
That's a box of Apex Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars with SOY that I want to exchange for the just plain ole ones. Not keen on the texture of the bars with soy.
That white box held flowers that I bought for one of the front desk girls who covered my Saturday 2-10 shift when I had quit the previous day because I was loopy and tired after being awake for 36 hours working at my regular job and I threw a hissy fit which I have NEVER DONE before. Well, I mean I've never just up and quit a job like that before. I decided that I was wrong for my behavior and needed to apologize to the assistant operations manager and the girl who had to cover my shift at the last minute. An umbrella that my mommy bought for me Christmas 2002 as part of a set with a crazy fringed poncho set.
In the passenger seat, a clean face towel I was going to use when I thought I might run by the gym and do some cardio one Saturday. There's my camera case. My wallet. I was on my way to dinner with friends when I snapped these photos.

IMGP1018

Those are a couple of brain teaser wooden puzzles that I got at CVS a couple months ago.
I can't be bothered to actually bring them into the house apparently. LOL!

IMGP1019

There's my Simplicity SL390 Serger that I'm sending back for repair. Those are 7 plastic bins that I got a Dollar General. I'm going to use them to display my yarn at the yarn shop & swap. My money till. Some plastic bags and bubble wrap that I need to take to the grocery store for recycling. My red camp chair that I use when there's not enough seats at knit night. The brown paper bag is full of stuff I need to file or shred. The black crate is full of random crap that I've been carting around for years like bungee cords, a couple of those big lighters and I forget what else in in there.

6 comments:

  1. so very clean! my poor car is hiding to avoid being photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..it's like we treat cars like ex-boyfriends...at first they get the prime spot in the garage and then next thing you know they're hauling around our crap until the day we move on to a new model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, now I'm curious to see what everyone has in their trunk--your's has piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your car is so clean! My car has changed colors from blue to gravel dust. Guess that's what you get when you live on a dirt and gravel road, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to ask.
    Is your spare tyre under slung or is it in the boot, buried alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh. The spare tire is in his own little compartment inside the trunk buried alive. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete