Monday, September 24, 2007

BLOGSTALKING: ASSIGNMENT 2 - Purse Guts

Here are MOST of the contents of my purse. I omitted the prescription medicines for privacy reasons, but the remaining guts are pretty mundane, yet whimsical.

Purse Guts
Purse Guts

Let's see...
  • Dooney & Burke Eyeglass Case which houses all my ink gel pens.
    • I don't like using regular ole "Bic" type pens. I'm a writing instrument elitist and the least expensive pen I'll use is some brand of gel based pen.
  • There's the cellphone holster that came with my Target work tote.
  • A package of 4 x 6 mirrors that I got at Hobby Lobby that I was going to use as mirrors on the "HIS" side of my master bathroom. The "HIS" pedestal sink is in front of a set of windows with a 4" partion in the middle that would be just wide enough for two of these mirrors stacked on top of each other, then I realized I can just order one of those swivel mirrors and be done with it. *phew* long story for a couple of mirrors that I need to return. ...and, NO, there's no "HE" living here, I designed my new master bathroom with HIS and HER sides for resale-ability.
  • There's a free pedometer that I got at a technology convention last year, but it's NEVER correct. I just can't bear to throw it away.
  • A pair of Sony earphones that I've had forever. I use them when I workout with my iPod.
  • My Pink, Purple and Yellow Flower mini spiral notebook. Like how I embellished the cover with my little diecut flowers? :) I'm a list writer. I have to write things down and scratch them out as I get things accomplished.
  • My raggedy work badge. I do like my photo, it's cute. I took back when I was 40 lbs lighter. *sigh*
  • A big yellow Nerd's Gumball. There's Nerds inside. The gum itself is very tough...I throw it away after I eat the Nerds. *ack*
  • My hardshell eyeglass case which houses my trusty Nine West prescription glasses. I like 'em. Depending on if I have on the right outfit and some makeup, my glasses make me look trendy and erudite. Otherwise, I look like a matronly geek.
  • One very tasty Apex Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bar.
  • Hubba Bubba Sour Green Apple Tape gum. *whoa* It's VERY BITTER. *drool*
  • My trusty Sprint Nextel Motorola Q with pink silicone case. LOVE IT!
  • One teeny tiny "The Roasterie" pin that I've been meaning to add to the other pins on my new favorite red backpack that I used while at Stitches Midwest this year.
  • A couple hair barrettes to hold the short frizzies down.
  • I MUST, AT ALL TIMES, have a tube of Carmex on or near me. Otherwise, I start to panic at little.
  • Two lucky pennies I found at some point or another. Just too lazy to put them in my coin compartment in my wallet.
  • Coach coin purse full of those bonus/discount cards. LAWD! I have like 50 of them, I think.
  • Bottle of Iron Pills. I'm anemic.
  • The little yellow pouch is my 24 Hour Fitness work pouch with my essentials, wide tooth comb, breath freshner, allergy pills, tylenol, Mac Studio Fix Foundation, Mary Kay Satin Hands, tube of Carmex.
  • That's it...the purse guts.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh how do I sign up for the blogstalking assignments?!?! :oD

    I am lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=64325

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got all that in such a small bag, and then the stuff in the 24hr fitness work pouch!? Poor bag must be groaning at the seams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you're ready for anything! And you never know when a broke down pedometer will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pens! I love nice pens. Somehow, gee I swear I don't know how, I ended up with a coordinating pen, pencil, and eraser. Oh the cleverness of me! I share your pen snobbery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting assignment. :)
    Jo almost dumped out the contents of my purse, prescription meds and all, at Misknits the other night because Tara wanted to see my knitting bag! I felt like an idiot jumping over the table to tell her not to unzip my purse. I didn't want to have to explain that I didn't want a room full of people I don't know to see what kind of drugs I take!! (or the size of maxi pads I use, etc.)

    ReplyDelete