Monday, October 01, 2007

4Q UPDATE: 2007 Well Intended Intentions Report

Career/Education
* Complete Entrepreneurship course and begin acting on business plan.
- Yeah Uh. I started the program and crapped out halfway through. This was way more intense than I was ready to deal with at the time. I didn't complete my business plan, but I do have the tools for when I'm really ready to do one in the future.

Financial
* Pay Down Debt
- Yeah Uh. This one is a bust right now. You forget to pay one frickin' payment and they raise your interest rate to 1,000,000 %. Limey bastards. I blame this squarely on our Prostitute Leaders. *grumble* Frickin' W. No wonder everyone is going bankrupt!!!

* Increase liquid cash and ROTH IRA savings.
- I got this one in the bag. I auto-deposit $100 to two IRA accounts and $100 to my ING Orange.

Health/Fitness
* Continue to workout incorporating more cardio than strength training.
- I'm a part-time employee over at 24 H@ur F!tness now. Working the front desk has inspired me to be more diligent about my fitness. You see, folks have always quietly kept track of my progress since I've been a member for the past 3 years, but I never really cared since it was my dime and I'll do what I want with it, but now that I'm an official part of the staff AND I work the front desk, I have accepted the following: a) that others will look to me for inspiration/motivation b) I'm a reflection of the 24 H@ur F!tness brand, therefore it wouldn't be good business or reflect well on my trainer if I, actually, GAINED weight while working there. c) I hold myself more accountable because of A + B. Plus, why not take advantage of the FREE MEMBERSHIP and awesome employee discount? I just purchased 56 session with the Jason and a b0dybugg. I love my b0dybugg. This thing is amazing. It tracks your activity to the minute and tells you how many calories you ACTUALLY burned provided you wear the armband faithfully. I'm pretty much a fixture at the gym now. I'm at the gym as much as I am at my regular job. I go in all on my own and do my cardio during the week. I need to motivate myself to get to the gym on the weekends now. Hmmm...yeah. Maybe next month. LOL! Jason and I are working out 3 times a week soon to be 4 times a week. My clothes are starting to loosen up and I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 1.5 mos and I really haven't changed my eating habits too drastically. My portion sizes are smaller than before and I tend to eat more frequently which is good because it keeps my metabolism cranking.

* Get a baseline mammogram.
- Nope, not yet. Maybe when I go see my ob/gyn in January.

* Continue semi-annual bloodwork and HIV tests.
- Done. All clean. :)
* Eat more vegetables and drink more water.
- Yeah, I'm doing ok with this one.
* Begin martial arts class.
- Gotta lose about 50 lbs before I even think about this, but when I do it'll be aikido and/or krav maga.

Personal/Love Interests
* Continue search for long term partner.
- *pffft* I give up. If it happens, it happens.
* Continue communication with close friends and family.
- Not doing so well in this regard. I get so wrapped up in my day to day minutia that I don't take the time to call folks like I should. By the time, I get home at night all I want to do is go brain dead for a while then go nite nite.
* Invite family & friends to visit me here in KC instead of traveling to visit them.
- I brought my mommy here to visit for Mother's Day.

Hobbies/Social

* Destash! Destash! Destash!

- Yet another major destash happening Monday, October 15 at our Sunflower Knitters Guild Yarn Shop & Swap event. I'm going all out for this one.

-I got rid of almost all of my fun fur and novelty yarn on eBay earlier this year.

* Host regular monthly social events at my house.

- I've had a few events at my house this year. Most recently, Gwenie Gwen's going away. *sniffle* DAGNABIT!

* No store bought sweaters, socks or dishclothes.

- Yeah Uh. Takes too long to knit plus size sweaters and my A.D.D won't allow for it, so I'm gonna be buying most of my sweaters.

* Master toe up 2 socks on 2 circular sock knitting.

- Not quite there yet. I can cast on and do the increases for the toe, but I still have to refer to the book for the heel.

* Knit in Public. Knit Outside.

- Not so much knitting outside this year since it was either blazes or torential downpour, but me and my homies knit at Dunn Bros. and MisKnits quite frequently.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you made some important progress towards your goals. That's awesome! Particularly with regard to your health & fitness.

    ReplyDelete