Monday, December 31, 2007

BLOGSTALKING 2007: ASSIGNMENT 12 - MY 2008 WELL INTENDED INTENTIONS

My 2007 Well Intended Intentions

2007 Well Intended Intentions: 4th Quarter Update


My 2008 Well Intended Intentions

Career/Education
* Make lateral change from IT to Business Organization.
* Make serious effort to improve GirleyPurls Sales and Marketing by building the brand and expanding the product offerings.

Financial
* Pay down debt.
* Decrease unnecessary spending by evaluating each expenditure as a "need" or "want".
- Limit or eliminate coffee, fast food/snack food, craft, beauty, clothing expenditures.
* Increase liquid cash and ROTH IRA savings.

Health/Fitness
* Continue to workout incorporating more cardio than strength training.
* Get a baseline mammogram.
* Continue semi-annual bloodwork and HIV tests.
* Eat more vegetables and drink more water.
* Begin martial arts class.

Personal/Love Interests
* Contact long lost friends and get to know extended family.
* Continue search for long term partner.
* Continue communication with close friends and family.
* Invite family & friends to visit me here in KC instead of traveling to visit them.
* Host regular monthly social events at my house.

Home
* Install flooring in attic craft room.
* Paint exterior.
* Plant annual flowers in spring.

Hobbies

* Learn to drop spin.
* Begin to learn Mandarin Chinese.

Now, many of you may notice that I have a lot of the same intentions from last year for this year. Yeah, uh...I suck at following through on things sometimes. *grimace*

5 comments:

  1. LOL - yeah, I tend to have the same goals from one year to the next. In a way it's good to keep reminding yourself of where you want to be. Keep working towards the debt reduction - you can do it!!!

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with having the same intentions: it shows consistency and that you don't give up easily, which are both admirable characteristics. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good goals.

    I'm still up for helping you with the house ones!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll come visit me won't you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your intentions for the year. Last year I concentrated on the financial portion of my life more than anything and I found myself questioning every purchase. I wanted to buy myself something special when I passed my professional engineering license exam like a new car or a sun room on my house. When the time came, I decided continuing to get out of debt was the best gift I could ever give myself. It definitely takes some reprogramming to get yourself there. Keep us up to date on your progress. We women need to talk about money and business more.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete