Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Congress Probes Credit Card Industry

...so that's what happened! D@MMIT! Now, I get it. Who knew... and now I know why I'm broke all the d@mn time now. *screams* *stomps* *curses* *flails fists at the air* YOU B@STARDS!
They tryin' to kill us. Just take all our d@mn money. I paid $45.00 to fill up my tank this morning, my utilities run about $500 a month, lawd don't even talk about credit cards, I haven't even put food in my mouth yet and that's just ME! I can't imagine how folks manage day to day with things they way they are.

Check this out "Congress probes credit card industry".
Apparently, "At a hearing Tuesday, Levin's subcommittee, which has been investigating the industry, planned to look at how credit-card issuers raise consumers' rates, to as high as 30 percent, when their so-called FICO credit scores decline — even if they've paid credit card bills regularly and promptly. In many cases, consumers have little notice of the increased rate, which are automatically triggered by declines in FICO scores for reasons left unexplained, the subcommittee found."

So, you mean to tell me that these summabiotchs can just raise our interest rates to 30% just like that! D@mn, I'm in the WRONG line of business. I need to be one of the fat cats over in the banking industry. *pffft*

Back in 2003 I consulted "creditboards.com" and got a lot of helpful information that helped me shore up my credit enough to buy my first and only home. Might want to check 'em out, too.
Remember, you ain't the only one struggling...*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Girl, we are not gonna go there about the credit cards!!
    It pays to Discover, the card that robs you blind, and will make you homeless! {if ya not careful}..
    Long time, no hear from? Yeah, I know, Just wanna let you know that I'm still here. No new pics yet.

    Take care~
    P.S. When my debt is clear I'm only gonna have TWO CARDS!
    1- Visa, and 1-Am. Exp.

    cinnamonpurls.blogspot.com
    I'm too {lazy} busy to log-in. ;)

    ReplyDelete