Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oh Crappy Day!

Today, LITERALLY, began crappy. I awoke this morning to a neatly packed hairy terd next to my pillow this morning compliments of Miss Kitty. *sigh* She's such a good girl, I have NO IDEA why she would perpetrate such a distasteful act. She's about as persnickety as I am and she ALWAYS goes potty in her litterbox like a good girl. *sigh* Maybe, it's a cry for attention or maybe she's mad at me or maybe she just had an accident? Funny thing is that it didn't leave a mess or smell or anything. It was just a long hairy one. *dry heave*

So, I was running late for work, as usual, and I FINALLY get settled into my cube and my computer crapped out on me. It seems that after the latest Microsoft updates were applied, my laptop no longer recognized the power adapter port and I was running on battery until it almost ran out, so I got to come home and work until they fix it.

My good friend, Michael is leaving me tomorrow for Los Angeles.
Long story short, his boyfriend David just graduated from medical school and accepted a residency at a hospital in LA. So, Michael and David are moving. *SOB* Michael has been SO BUSY running around, taking care of the move, preparing his house for sale, attending functions with David, etc that I didn't get a chance to spend very much time with him this month. So, I got to see him briefly today in the midst of his last minute running around. Michael's house is for sale and I'll be the local caretaker for a while unitl it gets sold. Somehow he managed to lose his set of house keys so he frantically came by my office building to pick up the set he gave me so he can make a copy of them. We stopped by the first floor java city and grabbed a bite to eat. He, literally, gobbled down his lunch while we were standing waiting for his cappucino. All I could do was pout, he he went on about his errands and his relationship drama. I asked him so many times why he felt he had to rush off to be with his boyfriend in LA, but to no avail...he's packed, loaded and ready to hit the open road tomorrow at noon. *sob*

Besides, all that, I'm sick of living in construction hell. I pray that my master bath will be completed this time next week. It's so close. My house is covered in a fine white dust from the ceiling and drywall popcorn stuff. It's everywhere! It will take months to get this house cleared out. My guest bed is piled high with clean laundry that needs to be folded and put away. My yard is going to eat me alive if it gets any bigger and badder. I need to get out there and weed, feed, prune, whack, chop, sow, plant and everything else. *sigh* Of course, the whole interior of the house needs to be totally cleaned due to all the dust and grime. *lawd*

Then, there's the fact that I have joined my company's "Lean Team Challenge" and have committed to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks. I've lost some water weight thus far, that's about it. Gotta motivate myself to go for a walk outside today. I was totally LAZY over the Memorial Day weekend. I'm somewhat pleased with myself in that I didn't order a pizza or go buy a bottle of Coke. I ate relatively well and drank lots and lots of water...just no exercise.

What else? I've been batting around the idea of making my own specialized knitting organizer. I have some black vinyl and some .28 gauge clear plastic that I could sew together to make an organizer for my needles. I thought about making the Ann Butler Weekender Bag, but I'm not sure I can commit to that detailed of a project right now. Besides, my JoAnns tote is holding up just fine. All I really want to do is add some purse feet to the bottom and touch up the corners with a circular patch or some sort. EUREKA! That's it. I'll cut out some little circular patches and sew them on the corners to make them look neat and add some metal feet to the bottom to make the bag look a little more upscale.

1 comment:

  1. 20 pounds in 10 weeks? Wow, that seems like a lot to ask. Good luck! I'm sorry your friend is moving away, that's always hard to deal with. On top of the renovations going on in your house! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete