
Someone commented about my needlemaster set in my "What's in Your Knitting Bag?" thread and I thought I'd take a moment to give a critique.
Hobby Lobby was having one of their 50% Knitting & Crochet Implements sales a few weeks ago and it dawned on me that instead of running around buying duplicates of the 16" circulars for sock knitting on 2 circulars. That it would be far easier to purchase the Boye KnitMates Needlemaster Set and buy extra sets of the needles and cables so that I have 2 of every size. :) *drool* And no, it wouldn't have been cheaper to buy 2 whole sets since I just wanted duplicates of the small sizes.

It's so nice to have every size needle and cable length all neatly organized conveniently in a little kit. As a matter of fact, it came in handy last week during my socks on 2 circulars class when I accidentally brought the wrong project thinking it was going to be the lace wrap class instead of the sock class. Anywho, I managed to use my #3 needles and the longest cable a do a magic loop for one sock during the class. I've now frogged that sock and started over with 2 socks on 2 circulars.
As for the NeedleMaster Set and the KnitMates Needlepoints and Cables, I like 'em. The only little thing to remember is to use the grip pad and the little key to screw the needle on TIGHTLY. Other than that, my only other nit pick would be the join. I have to really push hard to get the stitches up and over the hump, but that's also due to the fact that I'm a tight knitter anyway. *sigh*
It was me that asked about the Boyes! Or at least I was one that did. Thanks so much for your review. I may have said that I love the straights - I'm a "tight" knitter too, but I always get gauge with Boye straights of the size called for in knitting instructions. That is, I never have to go up or down a size. So now I will buy a needlemaster set when they go on sale. Thanks again!
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you reviewed these!! I've seen them in the store, and wondered if they were any good. I am typically a straight needle chick, and when I see a project that calls for circs, I can never remember what I have. I think I'll pick this set up at the next sale too. Thanks!!
ReplyDelete