I have been struggling for some time to contrive some kind of lightbox so that I can continue snapping my hot, nasty yarn pr0n. Last weekend, while I was dredging up stuff from the basement, I had an epiphany. You see, a few years ago, back in 2002 I think, I went through a painting phase. I took a painting class that summer at the local community center and bought a crap ton of painting supplies. Anywho, I found some 18 x 24" el cheapo canvases laying around collecting dust in the basement and then it hit me! LIGHTBOX! Presto chango! All I had to do was build it. So, yesterday I used some extra brain juice and contrived a way to connect the canvases. The beautiful thing is that not only is it a cheap construction, it's convertible. I can easily disconnect the canvases and put them away when I need to hide my yarn pr0n corner AND I can re-configure the canvases to is it lengthwise or widthwise. I used small .5" philips head screws and .22 gauge wire that I got at the dollar store a few years ago. The great thing about using a canvas is that they are easy to clean and can be gesso'd over for a fresh look when it gets dingy. Notice the figure 8 wrap around the strategically placed screwheads. Oh! ...and another bonus. I can stack yarn on the top as I shoot.
Voila.


Carmen,
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty cool contraption!!