Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Close Encounters of the Fiberly Kind - The Fiber Mating Ritual

Quoting from the famous UFO movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", "Close Encounter of the First Kind - Sighting of a UFO. Close Encounter of the Second Kind - Physical Evidence. Close Encounter of the Third Kind - Contact. WE ARE NOT ALONE!"

As for knitters/crocheters, I'd say, "Close Encounters of the First Kind - Sighting Ball of Yarn. Close Encounter of the Second Kind - Heavy Petting of Ball. Close Encounter of the Third Kind - Sniff Ball. BACK OFF! MINE!"

During last night's Yarn Shop & Swap, I witnessed what I reckon can most closely be called a "fiberly mating ritual".

The fiber mating ritual goes something like this...

We shall refer to the knitter/crocheter as "Croknitia" and the fiber as "Hank". ;0

Hank captures Croknitia's attention from across a crowded yarn shop. A longing gaze from Croknitia and she is entranced by Hank. She is helpless. Croknitia floats effortlessly towards her fiber woer. Intense wooing ensues as Croknitia eagerly pets Hank's soft underbelly rejoicing in his plush yet firm girth. Intrinsically, Croknitia drew Hank to her bosom. Now in the throws of passion, Croknitia and Hank share a long, passionate embrace. Soon, Croknitia gingerly swiped Hank across her cheek so as to feel his warm, softness against her face followed by a deep inhale of his sweet fiber. Croknitia was smitten. She couldn't imagine life without Hank. They must be united forever. It was then, clutching Hank tight, Croknitia made her way to the register to complete their union. And so it was with a swipe of the credit card, Croknitia and Hank were pronounced stash partners for life. Oh-Man. Sha-Ma-Llama-Ding-Dong. The End.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so diiiiiiirty. But so familiar!

    Did you have a cigarette after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Dirty... but a little too true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crazy for this. Do I look this nuts in the yarn store? Now I'm worried. I knew I had a problem, but you make it sound so naughty, LOL.

    ReplyDelete