*NOTE: I'm a salaried on-call mobile employee, so that means I have the tools to work from anywhere at any time.* YEAH!
Let's start where a typical day ends...
1:10 AM
Finally, I can collapse. I drag myself upstairs to go to bed. *gets ready for bed* *packs clean workout clothes in gym bag and deposits dirty clothes into hamper*
1:15 AM
*makes sure Kitty is downstairs* *ehem* Excuse me while I spend some QUALITY time with Pr0n and B.O.B. *grin*
1:25 AM
*grrrr* B.O.B you always make me feel GRRRREAT! *evil grin* *opens bedroom door so Kitty won't whine all night*
1:30 AM - 7:30 AM
*dreams* *thoughts* *half sleep* *toss turn* *grit and grind* *Kitty hops up on the bed and decides to sleep in the middle of my back* *toss turn* *sleep* *pee* *thoughts* *grit and grind*
7:30 AM
*alarm goes off* *half asleep I turn the alarm off and flop back into bed*
8:30 AM
*wakes up* SH!T *lays in bed dreading the day*
9:00 AM
*jolts out of bed in a flurry* *checks the day's schedule on my Motorola Q* D@MM!T! I forgot I have an in-person meeting at the office at 10:00 AM!
9:01 AM
*riffles through heaps of clean clothes stacked up on chair and ottoman* *finds an outfit that isn't too wrinkled and sets it aside* *Kitty starts her morning routine as well*
9:03 AM
*riffles through underwear and sock drawer for clean undies and trouser socks* *Kitty meows and gives me a few leg swipes*
9:05 AM - 9:15 AM
*typical personal hygiene routine* *shower* *teeth* *face* *hair* *steps over Kitty grooming herself on the shower rug*
9:16 AM - 9:20 AM
*puts on clothes, socks, shoes* *grabs phone & gym bag* *quick glance around the room* *heads downstairs with Kitty in tow*
9:21 AM - 9:24 AM
*grabs purse, knitting bag, gym bag & laptop backpack* *rushes into kitchen where Kitty is anxiously awaiting her daily portion of kitty gruel* *drops all bags onto the floor* *scoops up Kitty's food bowl from floor quickly walks over to her food bin, scoops up some kitty morsels into her bowl, plops food bowl back in it's usual place, scoops up her water dish, dumps out old water, swish clean, refill, plunk water bowl back in its usual spot* *grabs all the bags and heaps 'em on my shoulders and back like a pack mule* *digs in purse for work badge and keys* *quick glance around kitchen* BYE! BYE! KITTY! Mama's gotta go to work! LOVE YOU! *unlock the back door and peers out to garage to see if I left the garage door up again* *garage door is down, open it* *close back door to set alarm* *closes back door behind me making sure its locked* *bounds down the back stairs to garage* *loads all bags into car*
*hops in and off we go* *phew*
9:25 AM - 9:45 AM
*late for meeting already* *morning commute takes AT LEAST 20 minutes* *connects iPod to car stereo system* *house music playing* *driving* *thinking* *driving* *sigh*
9:45 AM - 9:55 AM
*arrives at the corporate campus and parks in usual parking garage* *gathers purse, laptop backpack and at least one knitting project bag* *begins schlep to building where the meeting is taking place*
9:55 AM - 10:00 AM
*arrives at the meeting site just in time for the meeting to begin. Unpacks laptop and proceeds to log onto the network*
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
* meeting* *blah* *blah* *technology* *need it now* *blah* *blah* *blah* *reading emails* *working tickets* *blah* *blah*
11:01 AM - 11:15 AM
*starving* *packs up backpack and heads back to my building* *stops by the J@va City for yet another Turkey Sub, chips and Diet Coke to take back with me to my desk*
11:15 AM - 5:30 PM
*more work related insanity ensues*
5:35 PM
*packs up laptop, grabs purse and heads out the door* *gotta head over to the gym for my personal training session at 6:00 PM*
5:45 PM - 5:55 PM
*arrive at gym* *grabs gym bag from back seat* *grabs purse and puts it in the trunk making sure I have my car keys in my hand before I shut the trunk lid* *scurries across parking lot and enters gym in a flurry* *greets front desk* *waves everyone* *sails through the main lobby and back to the women's locker room to get changed*
5:55 PM - 6:55 PM
*heads upstairs with trainer for 5 minute cardio warmup on the elliptical trainer* *back downstairs for 40 minute torture session* *back upstairs for 10 minutes on the rowing machine* *back downstairs for after session paperwork and wrap up*
6:55 PM - 7:30 PM
*more cardio*
7:30 PM - 7:45 PM
*back to locker room to grab gym bag* *stop in main lobby for gym social networking and chit chat*
7:45 PM - 8:30 PM
*begin commute back home* *stop for food* *stop for gas* *run errands*
8:30 PM - 1:10 AM
*arrive back at home* *grabs purse, food, laptop backpack, gym bag, etc and schleps up driveway to the house* *unlocks back door* *Kitty is waiting* *slams door behind me* *de-activates alarm* *disperses bags in their usual places* *sit down in front of tv in living room and places meal on favorite tv tray* *shuffles through tv channels until I find a channel I'm interested in watching* *watches tv and eats* *deep sigh* *brain cells begin to die* *ugh* *exhausted* *fires up laptop* *time to check blog, log onto Ravelry, check email, chat on Yahoo!* *nothing much going on online* *closes laptop* *remembers those birthday cards I've got to make* *snaps a few yarn pr0n photos* *makes a couple batches of stitch markers* *need to sew project bags* *need to make new business cards* *need to update Etsy store* *need to put down carpet tiles in attic* *throws a load of laundry in the washer* *cleans out Kitty's litterbox* *plays with Kitty for a while* *need to brush Kitty* *need to refill prescription* *need new batteries for the smoke detectors* *need to finish that EZ February Sweater since she had the baby 3 weeks ago* *need to finish that baby hat since they had the baby 6 weeks ago* *sets garbage out on the corner ready for pickup tomorrow* *what about that stuff I need to get rid of...starts sorting things out and packaging it up for donation* *phone rings* *I let it go to voicemail* *text messages from my brother* *writes list of things not to forget to do* *need to pay bills* *need to shred old bills* *need to get laid* *text message to booty call* *nevermind* *too tired* *need to go to sleep* *no time for sleep* *time to go to sleep anyway so I can do it all over again tomorrow...I mean today* D@MMIT!
NOTE: That doesn't even include when I leave straight from the gym to go to my knit nights. GOOD LAWD! I don't even know how I do it anymore.
Wait a sec - you don't have to be at work until 10, go to lunch at 11, and you leave at 5:30? Can I have your job?
ReplyDeleteLOL! Yeah, well...we are mobile, so we work whenever, wherever, but I can't really complain, eh?
ReplyDeleteWow, I need a nap after just reading all of that, let alone DOING all of that. Lol
ReplyDeleteSleeping from 130-730 sounnds like heaven to me. I usually only pull down about 4 hours a night. I think I'm gonna pass out from sleep deprivation soon.
I like your schedule too! YOu have a busy day!!
ReplyDelete