
*photo from the People story "Outrage: Sharpton Bashes Paris Transfer"*
Here he goes again! The camera whore, Al Sharpton is whining that Paris was let out of jail because she's White. Let me just say that I can't stand Al Sharpton! I think he's a weasel. A self-righteous weasel. Anywho. So, Paris finagled her way out of jail. So, what. 'least we forget about pedophiles extraordinaire Michael Jackson and R. Kelly. I mean hell, R. Kelly was even VIDEOTAPED having sex with an underage girl (her parents were well aware and well compensated) and he didn't go to jail, so why should Paris? Let's not even talk about OJ Simpson, ok! *pfft* The rich have always had privilege. There's no racism here. There's capitalism, but no racism. No sir. The only color involved here is GREEN! The almighty dollar dollar bill y'all.
Is it right that the rich are above the law? No. But, what can REALISTICALLY be done to curtail bribery, intimidation, extortion and any other kind of 'ism or 'tion with regard to the super wealthy? All throughout history, aristocrats (OJ Simpson) and the like have literally gotten away with murder. I mean King Henry VIII started a new church just so he could get a divorce for Christ's sake. *sigh*
If the average person had her legal team, then our jails and prisons would be half-empty!
ReplyDeleteLoved your King Henry comment. lol.
ReplyDeleteYou know the sad thing about Michael Jackson. He was who I grew up with. The posters, EVERY record, the crush, everything. I defended him for SO long. Then one day I just knew he wasn't who I thought he was. Man, that hurt. The others Paris, OJ, etc...pfft.
The worst part? We can't do anything to make them GO AWAY, because there are too many people who buy the gossip magazines and buy into all this crap.
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to wonder if Phil Spector is going to get pardoned, too. He has always had a rep as a nut, so maybe he won't.
I have to say the Paris Hilton is an over indulged brat of the first order. I am constantly barraged with the media attention given to this priviledge child of priviledged parents. Frankly I am tired of the assault, media attention and what not. Do the time and move on MISS. Please save the TV news for people who are at least worthy of my time.
ReplyDeleteI was meeting a woman the other day to give her crochet books and cotton yarn to make doilys. Her husband is at the Hillman Cancer in Pittsburgh. She remarked that Elsie Hillman was at the center and was walking around and checking to see if the people there were confortable. (They are planning to learn to crochet as they pass time while their spouses get chemotheraphy) Elsie Hillman is a member of the priviledge set who has donated to create a cancer center where they treat the whole person and their family. Kudos Elsie, for taking it to the next level. Paris, with priviledge, comes responsibility. If we must be assaulted with your wrong doings and you must (God forbid) write a book. At least donate the proceeds to Mother's Against Drunk Driving. Of course I am against all celebrities who do wrong benefiting from the wrong by writing books, but I am even more incensed by those who feel compelled to purchase such items.
Steps of her soap box now!