Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Open Apology to Ravelry...

After reading this letter from Casey at Ravelry I was prompted to write and apologize on behalf of the boneheaded knitter(s) that sent them an evilgram and encourage them to continue their efforts.

I can't believe that some dumb$ss knitter(s) out there were rude and inconsiderate enough to complain to the developers of Ravelry about the delays in being added to the beta testers group.

Check out the Knittyboard's whinefest: http://www.knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=57557&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
and http://www.knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=58209&highlight=

Suficede to say that it is no small endeavor to launch a website all by yourself with no outside help. Jess and Casey are developing Ravelry on their own time using their own money. So, how then can any of us qvetch about being a beta tester?!

Personally, I hope this site grows to dominate the industry with a full offering of services including online shops dwarfing the much loathed Et$y. I, also, hope that they are able to recoup their expenses with vendor advertising and/or charging a nominal subscription fee. I'd gladly pay to use this phenomenal website. Lease we forget that web servers, databases, diskspace, facilities, software licenses, etc. are NOT FREE.

Please take some time and send warm thoughts to Casey and Jess letting them know they are much appreciated for their efforts. mailto:casey@ravelry.com

2 comments:

  1. My invite only took a few days...about a week at most. I am not really sure why these people are complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you understand perfectly why I haven't been on the knittyboard much as of late… sheesh.

    ReplyDelete