Thursday, June 14, 2007

Finished Object Blog Template

You see, lately, I've been SERIOUSLY OBSESSING over Trekking XXL. Last night, I was surfing for specific colorways of Trekking XXL trying to get an idea of what some of them looked like after they were knit up. I found some great Finished Object photos, but most people failed to list the colorway and the pattern stitches. *argh*

While browing blogs today, I came across Beverly Knits and discovered her fabulous format for showcasing her finished objects. It would be so lovely if more knitters would follow this template for their finished objects, so when we are abjectly surfing and googling for this and that, we can get all the knitty gritty details.



* pilfered from Beverly Knits *
Pattern:
Yarn [Colorway]:
Needles:
Started:
Finished:
Project Details:

3 comments:

  1. i've been doing that for ages. on the off chance that i finish an object; LOL, you'll see it cataloged/classified in a similar fashion. another thing that helps with finding stuff is if people label their posts so that google/yahoo/whatever search engine has that much more to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing that for all my FOs this year too. I agree. I think more knitters should follow that format. I wish I was doing that last year and when I first started knitting! It would have been easier for me to put everything into Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the nice comments on my format. I know I'm not the first as I've seen the same idea elsewhere. I always liked reading blogs with the main details (yarn, needles, pattern & source, etc) prominent, so I made up my own standard to use! I'm glad you stopped by and found something useful. Your welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete