Last Friday, Gwenie Gwen and I cast on for the Scarf Style Lady Eleanor Stole.
We had both just received our much anticipated Noro Silk Garden #247 and I was keen to cast on and conquer Entrelac.
You know it's really really hard to tell how Noro will knit up since it's virtually impossible to see a decent knit sample online, but Gwen found the deal of the century over at Little Knits on Noro Silk Garden and hipped me to the sale, so I had to pounce on it. All they have left are the 247 and 203 colorways, so I grabbed a couple bags of the 247! MINE! *smirk* Yeah, that's why Gwen wants me to go with her to Stitches Midwest...as the fiber bullie. *evil grin* GET OUT OF MY WAY HEIFAS! MINE! ...but, I digress. ANYWHO!
Here's a peek at my first attempt at the venerable Lady. Notice the transition of the light blue to blue black to greenish blueish yellow? Yeah, the more I looked at it...the more I didn't like it. This happens when you pull from the center of the skein.
So I grabbed another ball of the good stuff and cast on again from the outside. I like this one much better. It starts out with a nice deep teal, then transitions to a sage, then sand then lavender color. I'm going to cut out the light blue. It just doesn't really mesh well with the other colors in my opinion.

We, also, knit up some gauge swatches with different sizes and found that US08 or US09 look the best with Silk Garden.
i know your lady e is going to be beautiful! i can't wait to see it finished!
ReplyDeleteI have ordered the same yarn from Little Knits to make the same Lady E. My yarn is taking forever to get here but it is finally shipped and should have it by Friday. Until then I am living vicariously through your Lady E. Keep posting pictures!!
ReplyDelete