Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Minimalistic Tendencies

Of late, I am in a very minimalistic mood.

I'm scouring my house for items to sell on eBay just to get rid of stuff.
I proudly announced yesterday that I'm going to turn off my premium cable services in an effort to break my addiction to wasting away on the sofa when I should be outside gardening, walking, knitting on my porch, reading the books gathering dust on my bookshelves, talking on the phone to people, stuff like that.

As a matter of fact, I mentioned to my knitter homies last night during knit night that we should gather at local scenic parks starting this spring and knit outside and bring a basket and dine al fresco. I refrained from using the word "picnic" due to its maliferous connotations where White people would gather to watch the festivities during the lynching of a Black person, but when I looked it up today on Wikipedia, I was quite pleased to find that I had been mislead some years ago by an evil internet hoax email I remembered reading. As it turns out, "picnic" is NOT a bad word and I can use it freely again. YEAH!

I am still resolute in my pursuit of fitness and weight loss. I am patting myself on the back for not going out to eat last night after knit nite AND not stopping off at a fast food restaurant on my way home. Instead, I called my fellow weight loss warrior, Dennis and talked to him via speakerphone the whole way home. *sigh of relief* I made it home without being a bad putty tat. I tell you, it's one day, one hour, one minute, one decision at a time when you're a food junkie.

In knitting news, Gwenie Gwen has nicely volunteered to felt my second pair of fuzzy feet for me. Just in time for Valentine's day. I'm sending them to my mommy and my nanny. They match the flannel gowns I made for them for Christmas.
I frogged the Fancy Rib gloves and have re-cast on for another pair using the same yarn with a different pattern. The Fancy Rib wasn't showing up the way I wanted due to the yarn.

2 comments:

  1. We are sister of the downsizing! I am eyeballing everything I own and assessing it's value and worth of space in the apartment. Soldier on -- you inspire me to do more with less. Good for you for making use of the safety net to avoid eating food that would have made you feel bad about it afterwards! I had never heard that about "picnic" but am relieved to hear that doesn't carry that historical burden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that picnic isn't really that kind of bad word.

    I am also glad that it's starting to get warm again so we might actually get to go knit in a park sometime. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete