Friday, February 02, 2007

Yes, I Still Knit

All this talk about weight loss and you're probably wondering what in the heck is she knitting already?

Since I now sit in what has to be one of the coldest spots in corporatedom, I've decided it's time to knit myself a pair of fingerless gloves to wear while I'm in my cubicle typing. These are another stash buster, 2 skeins of Steinbach Wolle Sockenwolle in #005 Gray.
I was browsing around Interweave Knits and came across the subscriber only "Web Socks" by Erica Alexander with the Fancy Rib and Seed Rib Patterns. So, I'm going to do the Seed and Rib pattern on the body of my gloves.
Gwen and Johanna are doggedly trying to convert me into a one at a time sock girl like them. I broke down and started these fingerless gloves magic loop one at a time.

I'm making headway on my Amigurumi Diva Girl Doll. I'm just past the shoulders now. I used DMC Floss for the body and Lion Brand Microspun for the hair.

I'm going to finish my second pair of Toe Up Fuzzy Feet to send to my mom and grandmother for Valentine's Day. Thanks to Gwen for felting them down some more for me. My front loader washer just doesn't shrink 'em down like the top loading washers.

I'm halfway done with the Lion Brand Textured Treasure afghan. I put in a request with Teri's husband, Sid to see if he might be nice enough to make me a couple pairs of US50 circulars so I can crank out some more Speed Stix afghans and bust my stash even faster. :) Haven't heard the verdict yet, though. Wait! I just found these US50 Wooden Circular Needles at Stitch Diva's site.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, found you through the southern knitters ring. Love the doll. Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

    miriam

    ReplyDelete