Sunday, February 18, 2007

Textile Sultana

Do you ever just spend hours upon hours furtively stalking and peering at yarn online?
Frequently revisiting the haunts of your favorite fiber coquettes.
Carefully considering just the right adornments for your new fiber concubines?
Agonizing about just the perfect pattern for your latest conquest.

I feel I am a sultan of all things fiber. Constantly seeking to add to my harem.
I am fast shedding the old vestiges of petro subterfuge and taking in new luxurious fiber sirens.

I am presently fixated upon this lovely siren of a pattern who constantly calls to me:

The idea is to knit up a couple seductive, lace tops to flaunt while I'm at Stitches Midwest this summer. A subtle, pragmatic testimony to my textile devotion and skills.

Lotus Blossom Tank
Interweave Knits, Summer 2006

10 Kona Bay Kona Bay Cotton 62

I have, also, started partnering parcels of my stash with worthwhile patterns.

Silk Cardigan by Norah Gaughan
Knitscene Fall/Winter 2005

1 Muench Sir Galli - Butterscotch (Color #08) - Full Bag Sale

Scarf Style Lady Eleanor

1 Noro Silk Garden #247 - Full Bag Sale

Also, poised to transform my stash concubina:

ZM41, Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine No 41, £10.50
ZM37, Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 37, £9.95
ZM34, Rowan Knitting Magazine 34, £8.50
ZB41, The Kasbah Collection, £5.95
ZB45, Rowan Studio - Issue 1, £4.95
ZB15, The All Seasons Cotton Collection, £3.95
90018, Carriage - World, £10.00

*shakes fist at Gwenie Gwen*
It's all her fault. LOL! She's the one who hipped me to the sales at Little Knits & WEBS and things got out of control after that.
*Presently, prowling around Little Knits for more bargain basement deals*

4 comments:

  1. Naughty! Naughty! Naughty!! Of course, I was the one who found the sale first, so I can't say much...

    Bring those Rowan Magazines when they come in. I'm jealous.

    I've missed you! I hope you're feeling better.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Lotus. I can't wait to read what you think about knitting it.

    Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those will look fab on you - especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is with Nashua lately? Pretty much everything they publish ends up on my MUST HAVE list!

    ReplyDelete