Typically, Valentine's Day is like my own personal Friday the 13th.
I, usually, end up having a really crappy day while everyone else is all lovey dovey getting flowers delivered to their desk and rushing off to an early dinner date.
Today started as most Valentine's Day do, with me selecting an all black mournful outfit and dreading the on slaught of sugary sweet goopy fake as* lovey doveiness on my drive into work.
Upon walking into my cubicle this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful pink vase filled with lovely pink roses and daisies! I GOT FLOWERS from my friend Dennis. Awww....
It's so nice to be remembered by your friends. That brightened my whole day and renewed my faith in Valentine's Day. Since 53% of American women are single these days, maybe singles should look out for each other and send each other flowers and cards just to say that you're special and someone is thinking of you. I, normally, send Valentine's Day cards to my friend and family, but this year I just didn't have it in me, but I'll be sure to send Easter cards or something to make up for it.
I'm in total agreement! I didn't send any cards to friends this year either, but it was wonderful to get them my snailmail and e-mail (though I prefer the former). I hope to be on top of it next year.
ReplyDelete