Sunday, January 20, 2008

Can't Shake My Swagger!

So, I'm working at the gym this morning (I'm the only Black BBW that works the front desk) and I notice I've got some admirers. :)

It's nice to know that even though I'm a larger woman representing behind the desk at the gym that there are those who enjoy my presence and may even be inspired by it. Yeah, I feel self-conscious sometimes. I swear the newly installed general manager wants me gone. I feel like she may not want me working there since I'm not a size 0, but then again not everyone is a size 0. I think it's great to represent for larger women. Hell, I ain't never been and ain't never going to be a size 0. I'm happy being a size 22, d@mmit. What's wrong with being a healthy size 22 woman working at the gym? It drives me crazy when those anorexic housewives come swooping through giving me that "OH MY GAWD! YOU'RE FAT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" look. *grrrr* *bears teeth* *thinks to myself that I'd like to snap their boney judgemental @sses in half with one crushing blow* I smile, hand them a towel and walk my big phat @ss over to assist the next member. LOL! I like having a big @ss, d@mmit.

So, these admirers. They were so cute.

One guy named Bill wanted to tan and was babbling about something regarding tanning and I gave him this blank stare and mentioned that I have NEVER been inside a tanning bed and don't know the first thing about tanning. He blinked, smiled then said "OH YEAH! You don't have to tan. You're so lucky. I wish I didn't have to tan. You have the perfect shade, not too light, not too dark. People pay good money to be your color." I smiled and said, "Really?" He said, "Yeah, don't you see those orange people?" I laughed, then proceeded to setup his favorite tanning booth and he was off to tan.

Then, there was Mike. I guess Mike has been very subtlety flirting with me for months. What does he do? He calls me by my first name when he checks in and when he leaves and he smiles and he tries to give me crap every now and then. *shrug* So, today on his way out he made a point to call me by my name and say goodbye while I was standing talking to one of the sales guys. I'm pretty good about remembering members' names' and I called him "Bill", then "Joe", then I remembered his last name, but couldn't remember his first name "Mike". So, of course, he had to give me crap for a while then he made his way out. The sales guy even mentioned that Mike was an admirer, he said, "Ooooo! He likes you!" Today as he was leaving I thought to myself, he's kinda funny and cute I wish he'd stay longer and talk.

Then, when I was walking around in the common workout areas refilling the cleaning stations with paper towels and cleaner, I overheard a couple guys "OOoo Yeah!" after I passed by. LOL!

I say all this to re-affirm to myself and others that there really are guys out there that aren't attracted to size 0 women and to be proud of who you are and don't let anyone "shake your swagger" (make you feel insecure).

3 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! As a beautiful size 24, I know the joys and pains of how you feel. We are beautiful and there are some in society that would help us celebrate our beauty and not criticize our size.

    Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    Men luurrrveee asses. One of my friends that has one of those tiny-assed girlfriends was just wishing that she had an ass.

    Heck, I love a great ass! Sometimes when I'm trying on jeans it makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! Despite what the media tells us it's nice to remember that men love all types!

    ReplyDelete