
Thursday, April 12, 2007
*deep sigh*
I frogged her. I had just finished the first lace repeat and noticed that I had a big ole mobieus! D*MMIT! Then, after I took it off the circular, I tried it on and it was too big. I need to reduce it by 50 sts. I'm just going to finish 2 other WIP (Leaves of Grass Dishcloth and my custom fingerless gloves) and wait for my new Knit Pick Options to arrive before I start doing lace again. I ordered the 60" cord, so I should be able to try things on as I go now. YEAH!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
NEVERMIND!
I had an epiphany this afternoon! How in the hell would I be able to reduce a lace pattern evenly? Now, I'm purty d*mn smart, but good lawd. Trying to figure out how to decrease AND keep the lace pattern in tact would be like doing triple integrations or something. Knitting should NOT require advanced math! Therefore, I have decided to just knit the d*mn thing as written. THEN! Gwenie Gwen came up with a great idea! Use the US06 for the full hips and tummy portion, then switch to smaller needles like a US04 for the waist then back to US06 for the remainder. GENIUS! Me thinks it just might work.
Monday, April 9, 2007
In lieu of the Nashua Surplice Lace Top, which I have abandoned until my new yarn order arrives, I have cast on for the Interweave Knits Lotus Blossom Tank.
I'm going to experiment a bit with this pattern to make it more shapely. I studied Big Girl Knits and Designing Knitwear last night to figure out how to add some girth for my big ole ba'donkadonk booty and hips and how to decrease to show off my waist. We shall see in the end if the math will out.
I haven't ventured to alter a pattern so that I can knit it from the top down yet. I need to find an easy one to alter first. I have resigned myself to the fact that as a Big Girl, I'm always going to alter patterns so that they fit properly. Might as well make it a part of my knitting repertoire going forward because I'm always going to have this big ole ba'donkadonk bringing up the rear. ;)
Girl you better WORK what God has given you!! :oD Work it!!
ReplyDelete