Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Addi Turbo Interchangeables? Not Yet.

So, I hauled off and wrote Karin Skacel Haack, President of Skacel Corporation an email today PLEADING for Addi Turbo interchangeables and here's the verdict so far (verbatim):

----- Original Message ----
From: Karin Skacel-Haack
To: Dulcedosa
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:46:12 PM
Subject: RE: RE: Addi Turbo Interchangeables?

Dear Carmen,

I read your review and think it was well done – honest and to the point.

Regarding addi interchangables…if an interchangeable needle were developed that kept the tip in place for hours on end without adjusting and had a perfectly smooth join, we would certainly manufacturer it. We have had MANY interchangeable needles cross our desks and not one has fit the criteria we need. But never say never. New technology comes out daily and perhaps with time there will be a development that enables the production of a perfect interchangeable needle. When and if this situation ever arises – I’ll send you ( as well several guilds and other “master” bloggers) a set to check out and critique before mass production.

In the mean time, we will concentrate on catching up with our Lace needle orders.

Just to give you a heads up – I do not think it will be 6 months before they are readily available. We are sending out shipments daily and I hope that by Summer they will be easier to come by.

It was a pleasure to hear from you,

Karin

Karin Skacel Haack
President
skacel collection, Inc.
Phone (425) 291-9600
Fax (425) 291-9610
email: karin@skacelknitting.com



From: Dulcedosa [mailto:dulcedosa@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:30 PM
To: Karin Skacel-Haack
Subject: Re: RE: Addi Turbo Interchangeables?

Hi Karin,

First, thank you so much for listening to us and coming out with the new "Addi Turbo Lace Needles" I LOVE THEM! I thought I would share my latest review of the Knit Picks Options Interchangeable needle set that I, recently, wrote in the hopes to nudge you into really considering Addi interchangeables and so that you can see just how much we really love and appreciate the new lace needles.

http://dulcedosa.blogspot.com/2007/04/knit-picks-options-review.html#links

2 comments:

  1. Nice that she was so responsive!

    And you luckily little knitter!! You get to "try" out a proto-type b4 mass production if they go forward with interchangeables!

    Well at least this lets me know I won't be buying Addis in vain for now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that's what I like. A response. It's not the first time she's done that, either. I like that in a company. (It's why I'm proud to be an Addi Ho.)

    ReplyDelete