Saturday, April 07, 2007

Nashua Surplice Lace Swatch: Kona Bay Cotton


like a good girl!
OK! So, there's a couple minor boo boos where I didn't pay attention. *ehem*
I thought it would be prudent to swatch for the Nashua Surplice Lace Top using the Kona Bay Knitting Cotton I ordered from WEBS! This is the softest cotton I've ever felt.
The pattern calls for a gauge of 21 sts by 29 rows using US 06 over 4".
I'm right on the money! Now, I'm going to wash the swatch and see how much it shrinks after hand washing.

My swatch measures 8" wide by 5" high. After handwashing and air dry the swatch didn't shrink much, if at all. Same gauge. However, after careful consideration of the grey color, I decided to go with another yarn altogether. So, of course, I scoured WEBS for hours in search of just the right cotton for this pattern. Eventually, I decided on Araucania Pomaire in colorway no. 4.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you may have got the hang of it. I tried to open your graph but couldn't see it on my Mac. As long as you make sure that the right twist is worked over two stitches, I think you'll be groovy. When I was swatching it the other day, I think that's where you may have made the mistake in the previous swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I'm jealous. I did buy another Nashua pattern book today at a yarn shop in St. Louis. I'll bring it on Tuesday.

    Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely swatch. If the finished article looks as gorgeous as that I think you'll be one happy knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I agree nice swatch! For a moment I thought it was from the book 'Knitty from the Edge'.

    I never heard of Nashua's patterns. Do you have a preview of the surplice?

    Your lace chart looked complicated! :o) One day I am going to be grown up like you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the best looking swatches to date. I must confess that I really have trouble with doing them. So far I've done one so far (and I've been knitting for ten years). Congrats!

    SD's blog

    ReplyDelete