
Hello and welcome to another installation of "Tuesday Night Knits with Sox and the Knautti"!
Last night's Knit Night was rather stayed and somber. It was just me, the little girl Johanna, Gwenie Gwen, Joanna and Christine. No hoopla, just commiseration about job drama and man problems. *shakes fist* The only highlight was the occasional jab at the blondie barista, Scottie Too Hottie. I like aggravating him. It's my job.
As is our custom, Joanna and Gwenie Gwen and I went out to dinner.
This time to Chili's. I was a good putty tat up until....

a large statuesque, full figured 350+ lbish Black woman saunters down the isle clad in GET THIS! A black polyester sheeny BACKLESS halter top with umpire waist ribbon that was up onto her overflowing bosoms AND an above the knee (butt cheek height) flouncy skirt hiked up higher in the back than in the front that revealed her plump stocking legs.
Imagine someone dressed like these people strolling through your local Chili's while you dine with your family and friends? It ain't right!
Joanna and Gwenie Gwen first saw her and it was their reaction to her presence as she walked down the isle towards the ladies room that garnered my attention as well. We were dumbfounded, shocked and amazed all at once. Then, suddenly, I said "WAIT! I gotta get a picture of this!" to which Joanna and Gwen were appalled, yet amused at the same time. So, there I sat anxiously awaiting her reappearance camera phone in hand at the ready to snap a shot of this lovely yet over exposed woman to serve as an example to ALL FAT WOMEN of what NOT TO WEAR! Minutes went by and still no fat back. It just so happened that Joanna had to go potty, so she bravely ventured off to the ladies room. A couple minutes later, Joanna returns to our table proclaiming "We're all going to hell." She informed us that the lady was in there violently puking her guts up. Apparently, she was a little pregnant. DAGNABIT! Now, I have to have a frickin' conscious and I put my phone away. But, we were still anxiously awaiting her re-emergence from the bathroom. We pondered if one of us (Joanna) shouldn't return to the bathroom to make sure she hadn't passed out or something. Thankfully, she emerged from the bathroom and sauntered down the isle back to where she was dining. I got a good look at her this time and said somewhat quietly to the girls "GOOD LAWD! Look at her back fat, it's beautiful! YES! BACK FAT!" I still wanted a photo memento of this occasion, so I say to the girls, "What if I go over and ask her if I can take a photo with her? Yeah, Girl! You are FIERCE! Let's take a photo together." Of course, Joanna and Gwen looked at me laughed then gave me that disapproving look. ALRIGHT FINE! *sigh*
Then, I caught a glimpse of the middle aged Caucasian woman sitting at the table across from us staring at me like I had something to do with the whole mess. HA! First of all, my Mama taught me well as a girl to know what I can and definitely cannot wear as a fat girl. "...just because they make it in your size don't mean you can wear it." You're talking to someone who was banned by my Grandmother (Nanny) from wearing shorts at the rip ole age of EIGHT because I got fat stove pipe legs. LOL! *ehem* I still don't wear shorts.
So, this whole thing with Ms. Thang prompted me to really think. It's one thing to be big, beautiful and proud of your body, but then you can go completely overboard and turn yourself into a walking freak show. I mean 'least we forget the traveling circus fat lady freak from the dust bowl era. The glare of the general public during this fashion fiasco last night was a bit unsettling and embarrassing. It was like us girls were embarrassed for her. Does that make sense? OK! So, yeah. I wanted to take a photo so you could see what we saw, but then the voices of reason spoke loudly and I recoiled. Love you Joanna and Gwenie Gwen. :)
Let this be a lesson to all of us with back fat and stove pipe legs to keep 'em under wraps and in the proper context in public...nude beaches not included. ;)
Amen. My momma also taught me long ago that just because you CAN wear it don't mean you SHOULD. Man, I gotta quit bringing kids so I can EAT! Maybe next Tues. I've been craving those damn cream cheese enchiladas....margaritas....mmmmmm
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming over last night! It was a good time. Glad you were a yarn winner!
That is TOOO funny. You are hysterical.
ReplyDelete