Saturday, November 18, 2006

Socktacular!

*copied from Sensational Knitted Socks KAL*

Why make socks when you can buy them in bulk at the store?
"Why knit a sweater or bake a cake? I think it's the same principle." I have made a personal pledge to knit all my socks from here on out. As my store bought socks disc, they will be replaced by the hand knit socks I make along the way.
What is your favorite sock yarn?
I've only just started exploring yarns and am quickly transforming into a yarn elitist. I'm quickly shedding my novelty yarn past and amassing an elite stash for fiber luxury. Thus far, I have Knit Picks, Cherry Tree Hill, Louet, Tess' Super Sock Yarn. I hear Socks that Rock, Koigu and Lorna's Laces are some of the best sock yarn, though.
What is your favorite online sock yarn store?

www.webs.com
What is your favorite pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks?

The Traveling Rib Eyelet

Of course, the perfect companion to Sensational Knitted Socks is ....

I HIGHLY recommend Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes & Heels Sock Book by MaryAnn Beattie . She prints and sells the book herself, so you can only order it from her, but it's so worth it. This book demystifies the process of making 2 socks at once. You learn to make them toe up or cuff down with lovely short row or slipstitch heels. Personally, I don't know why everyone doesn't make 2 socks at once, but Gwen says that she prefers the process of knitting socks on DPNs, so there are those who don't mind making one sock at at time because they just enjoy knitting them. Me? I gotta have 'em both ready to go when I'm done.

Check out these Yahoo! groups

No comments:

Post a Comment