Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm a SKINNY bigot.

Yep, that's right. Recently, I came to the stark realization that there are certain things that I think shouldn't be too thin or skinny. By stuff, I mean skinny scarves, skinny Christmas trees, people with the nickname "skinny" cause you know they up to no good. I don't even like skinny babies. See, I'm Southern so a skinny baby just ain't right. Babies are supposed to be fluffy with fat cheeks and butter ball legs. Speaking of skinny scarves, I widened my Vintage Velvet by 16 stitches. It didn't look right at 34 stitches...even on US10.

Most of all, I realized that I would never ever be skinny. Looking around at the other women in my extended family during Thanksgiving preparations, I realized that like the other women there, I'm a real woman. I realized that it's normal to have a pudge here and a bulge there, especially since I'm Black and Chickasaw. Ain't nothing anorexic in my heritage! Nope, I'm breed for strength, endurance and to survive and that means being fluffy. I'm so sick of seeing these idealized (airbrushed and whittled down) women on the TV starving themselves to death so that we can see their ribs and boney arms. Hell with that! I don't know how those Hollywood heifas do it? I guess that's why a lof of them are so damn evil. I know I'd be a mean one if all I could eat was celery and bottled water. Gimme some meat, dammit...and while you at it pass me some macaroni and cheese, some rolls, some pie, a glass of Coke Zero (I LOVE ME SOME COKE ZERO!) some gravy, some...well, you get the picture. LOL!

Look as long as you maintain and you're healthy, stop lashing yourself and enjoy your life.

Soon, I'll be pushing geriatric and I, for one, don't want to sit around regretting and thinking of all the shouldawouldacouldas of my life. I'll go to the gym and workout so that I can prolong my health and be able to function on my own that much longer, but I'm done scrimping and scrounging for calories. I'll just eat what I want when I want, but maintain my proportions.

Down with the skinny b*tches...cause I'm fluffy and fierce, baby! Yeah...

One caveat though, I do, however, like my men on the skinny side. LOL! ...just works out better that way. *ehem*

5 comments:

  1. You go, Girl! I'm with you on down with skinny. I want to see real people. I love it that Kate Wilhelm is in a new TV series (Ghost Whisperer.) We need more visibility that big women aren't slobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read some where that the list of the Top Ten Best Dressed Women is also the Top Ten List of the Hungriest Women. It's all about portions. Borrow "French Women Don't Get Fat" from the library and give it a read. It's interesting to read a take that allows for some butter, wine, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post...:) That is coming from someone who graduated High School at only 96lbs.at 5' 6"..then somehow found herself at 180 lbs 15 years later...how did THIS happen? Guess my metabolism just changed..I've been on both sides of the fence...I can tell you that the main thing is being who you are not trying to be what your not....heck...even at my weight now of 135...i still have no ASS and probably never will..:) LOL....
    On another note...how are your toe up socks coming...I have her book and just haven't put anything on the needles yet to try her directions...Have a blessed day...Lori in PA....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true...I mean look at Naomi Campbell. Besides, who wants to exist on a diet of champagne and cigarettes? Well, maybe the champagne--but it must be accompanied by the proper food...lol!

    ReplyDelete