Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Scarf Style Vintage Velvet Knit-A-Long

Since garnering the mother of all deals on Sunday (.50 per ball for Muench Touch Me), Johanna thought it would be a good idea if we did a knit a long to the Scarf Style Vintage Velvet by Lisa Daniels. Gwen is buzzing right along with her and already has 2 balls knit up and I cast on for mine last night. I love this stuff! It's so silky. You feel like you are knitting little chunks of a cloud.

5 comments:

  1. $.50 A BALL! Wowza. That is the mother of all deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. God. WHERE did you find Touch Me for .50 a ball? That's unbelievable! I am so very, very jealous! If I could score that deal, I might actually own something bigger than a scarf in the stuff! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! 50¢ a ball! I hope you bought a lot!!!

    I was passing Touch Me by at the yarn shop, because I couldn't think of anything to do with it––until I saw that scarf! How many balls will I need? I want to make mine a little wider (I get cold). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sahara,

    I think you'll need about 7 balls for a little wider and longer scarf. I'm like you, I frogged my initial cast on in favor of adding some pattern repeats to make a wider scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just cast on 50 sts. and just doubled the [k2,p2] and [p2,k2] sequences for a wider scarf.
    Using a size 11 needle, too.

    ReplyDelete