Monday, October 30, 2006

What to do with the Silk?






During the Halloween party last night, Joanna and Gwen asked to see my San Francisco Art Fiber haul. It was so nice to see them fondling the silkiness. LOL! They asked what I was going to do with it and I mentioned overdying it and WHOA! *rArrr* *in tandum* I hear "NO! You can't overdye it. I'll kick your a** if you do." LOL!

So, what the heck am I supposed to do with all these different colors? I still say I should overdye it, but if someone comes up with a practical solution, I'm all for trying something else.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Send me some links to patterns or techiques I can use to incorporate all the different colors.

4 comments:

  1. Picture it - Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole made out of SILK! All the rows could be a different color of the silk. How gorgeous would that be?


    And I vote for berber carpeting. It's upstairs, and especially if you'll be excercising, you want to be able to temper the noise output that you could generate with aerobics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a Lady Eleanor. Imagine all that lovely silk wrapped around you in beautiful Entrelac squares. I so want to make it and I can't imagine something more wonderful to do with it.

    It makes me almost weep thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright! Lady Entrelac it is. Now, one of you has to show me how to do entrelac at the next knit night.

    Is that the same shawl that Teri has been wearing lately? The Lady Eleanor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Same shawl. Entrelac is EASY PEASY and any of us can teach you in about two seconds. Only thing is, with all those scraps you'll have a lot of ends to weave in. But it will be SO worth it. YUM. We will hound you and your startitis to just FINISH this one.

    ReplyDelete