Sunday, October 22, 2006

Halloween Party Preparations

...that's where I been! The bulk of the remodeling has been completed and I can FINALLY put everything back where it goes! YES! Right now, my house is like a sliding puzzle. In order for me to move something...something else has to be put away. Friday night and most of yesterday, I spent sewing my Halloween costume (The Gatsby Dress) and moving all my bathroom acoutrement back upstairs. I shifted through everything. Did I mention I have a mini drugstore? It's true. I have EVERYTHING! I shifted through everything and threw out all the expired products, organized stuff by function, i.e. dental care, eyecare, moisturizers, exfoliators, first aid, haircare. I still need to tackle my makeup. *argh*

Today, more sewing and more organizing. The director of Phoenix House came by today to pick up my extra construction materials, i.e. exhaust fan, vanity light, my old etagere and cabinet, insulation, stick vac, rugs. What a great idea! I got rid of all that stuff, gave it to a charity that is just getting off the ground and the director won't have to spend her own cash to buy the materials she needs to remodel her new group home and I get a nice tax write-off. TRIPLE BONUS!!!

...just taking a break to vegetate and blog for a while before I resume the big push.

OH YEAH! I forgot to mention that I'm having a HUGE Halloween Party. It's my first one that I've every hosted and I'm SO EXCITED! I'm going to have around 40-50 people here, so everything has to be PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment