Monday, March 16, 2009

Sick of My WIPS

Lately, I have been struggling to get my crafty mojo back and have fallen out of love with some of my works in progress. I'm sick of looking at some of them and I want to just frog them, but the thing is that I'm about halfway through with most of them and can't really justify frogging them now. I've been working on some of them for years now, like my Nashua Surplice. I'm so close. Lawd have mercy. I just want to get them done.

Here's what I have laying around so far.

Nashua Surplice Lace Top
- The white yarn is stained and its turning me off. I'm working it in the round and I'm done with the lace repeats, just have to do the bodice.

Coriolis Socks
- I'm not a fan of these complex formulas and the construction is driving me crazy. I'm almost too lazy to figure out how to finish and I'm at the heel turn. LOL!

SheBalsam Socks
- I'm not happy about the toe and I think they may be too wide.

The Adult Pinwheel Cardigan
- I'm actually happy with this sweater. I'm working on the 1x1 edging and I just have to cast on for the sleeves. I'm going to finish this one soon.

The February Baby Sweater
- FROGGED! I think I made it too teeny for a baby. 'sigh

The Ampersand Socks
- I knit these toe up and forgot to reverse the stitch pattern so it's upside down, but I think these are too tight and I made a few too many boo boos with my SSK and K2Tog and I don't like how the instep looks now. :(

Benny The Monkey
- I just need to find some time to get to him again. I'll finish him...

Conceptual Design Blanket
- I like this blanket. I just have to find time to work on this one, too.

3 comments:

  1. You know what though, even if you are so far along in a project, it'll fell so damn good to frog it and be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya gotta love your projects, or what's the point

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the white yarn stained with? If it can be cleaned, it makes a really fun dyeing opportunity. One of my most beautiful shawl happened because the cream yarn was stained, and I did a gradient dye on the shawl once it was knitted up. I loooves it. (It's my first icarus shawl that I made, dyed blue at the feathers and green at the neckline, with a mutual fade.)

    ReplyDelete