Whenever, I'm obsessing about the state of my own home, I can always look at the poor wretches featured on "How Clean Is Your House" and say "PHEW! Thank Gawd that ain't my house!", but then again, I have a housekeeper. *cheese* Without Housekeeper Laura, there but for the grace of Gawd go I.
It never ceases to amaze me the level of filth and nastiness poor Aggie and Kim, Queen Cleaners of the show, manage to scour away in a matter of days.
My favorite part of the show is when Kim reveals the results of the swabs samples she took throughout the house to the homeowners. I'm always amazed at the level of disbelief and disgust that the homeowners have at their own nastiness. Results typically reveal crazy off the charts amounts of e-coli, staph, listeria, salmonella, to name a few. *shudder* One lady got so sick to her stomach at the level and types of disease that were present in her home that she got physically sick and ran off the set. LOL! *ehem* She was disgusted and upset to find that some of the contaminants in her house were deadly to her family, especially one child who had breathing issues.
One guy used a DIRTY sock to clean his dishes then left the sock in dirty dishwater to rot and stink! He also used another dirty sock as a potholder! NASTY!!!! One crusty old man hadn't cleaned his hovel in EIGHTEEN YEARS. His whole house was just one big nasty grimy stinking mess. He hadn't cleaned his toilet in EIGHTEEN YEARS, there was poop smeared on the toilet handle, the toilet bowl was DARK BROWN and he hadn't used his bathtub/shower in ages. It was covered in dust and cobwebs!!!! Of course, fecal matter was all over everything in his kitchen which was adjacent to the bathroom. Did you know that fecal matter can go airborne when you flush the toilet and can float around in the air about 6 feet from the toilet? *dry heave* Thank Gawd I have my toothbrush in my VioLight Toothbrush UV Light Sanitizer some feet away from my toilet. There's actually a barrier between my toilet and the sink. I designed it that way on purpose. :)
As a result of my major de-clutter venture when I dredged up stuff from the basement and closets, I've got corners of clutter that have yet to be resolved. I feel another clutter be gone fit coming on, so in the next couple days/weeks you'll see that the heaps have disappeared.
i love that show!!! always makes me feel good about my mess. at least i don't have poop and bugs laying around. watching that show reminds me that i could be a lot worst and that i'm not so bad.
ReplyDeleteI love that show. That and Clean Sweep are very inspiring and motivating.
ReplyDeleteI love BBC America but that's one import I don't think I could stomach!!
ReplyDeleteKim and Aggie rock. I love the way Aggie tells them off like they are naughty children. It always amazes me how much bigger the houses look after they are all clean and tidy.
ReplyDeleteI could totally not watch that show. Dry heave, indeed. BLECH.
ReplyDelete