Today was a good day after all.
I invited some of my close knitting friends over to my house. Since I just happened to be cleaning out my clothes closet and wondered if anyone might be interested, my friend Teri thought it would be a good time for a clothes swap since we are all fluffy girls. So, we made a day of it. I made Mexican food and a Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Icing. Top that off with Prickly Pear Punch, Tequila, Margarita Mix and Diet Coke with Lime and that's my version of Nirvana.
We ended up watching "Pride & Prejudice" since the rest of the girls are huge Jane Austen fans. *grumble* I'm primarily, an action movie fan, but I can be a romantic at times. Gwen insists I need to "...find my romance again..." *sigh* To which, I replied "Yeah, why bother? Like those kind of landed gentry type men still exist...I'm lucky to find a straight man who will open a door for me."
Maybe I need to get "The Secret" on DVD. LOL! I need a new religion or maybe I should enlist my friends to fix me up with a man. It never fails that somehow by pure chance, I match my friends up with the love of their life, but me...I make crappy love choices. *sigh* Maybe, I should hand over my love life like I have my financial planning and taxes. After a few botched attempts at filing my own tax returns, I refuse to , ever again, even touch a 1040 form. *grumble* LOL!
Anywho. We gorged ourselves on tacos and cake. GOOD LAWD! IT WAS GOOD! I think I snarfed down a whole box of tacos. I must say the taco meat was seasoned to perfection. It was a big hit. LOL! The cake was so moist and rich, I think I orgasmed a bit with each bite. LOL! I LOVE CAKE! I like to walk around the house randomly and loudly saying "CAKE! CAKE!" in my selfish 6 yr. old voice. Sometimes, I make up a cake jingle. LOL! I LOVE CAKE! ok...enough about cake for now.
While we watched the movie and knit. Of course, keeping with stereotype, I asked a lot of questions during the movie. *ehem* OK, so I haven't read the freakin' book. GEEZ! Gimme the cliff notes, dagnabit.
Sitting. Knitting. Watching the movie. I thought to myself this is what life is all about. Spending time with your friends and family...your loved ones. Just relaxing and enjoying each others company. Not having to put on airs or anything. Just being yourself enjoying the little things in life. So what, I didn't have a big date lined up. I didn't go to the casino or get married today. We had a great day with wonderful people. *sniffle* I love those guys. *sniffle* They are the real deal. Real Friends.
"I'm lucky to find a straight man who will open a door for me."
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!! I so know what you mean! LOL
I haven't read or watch Pride & Prejudice either. I am netflixing it now (not a word I know! Haha)
I would have wan't the cliff notes too! Haha!
Yep you are right indeed! That is what life is all about! You got it!!
Come by and check out my F.O. Since you don't visit me unless I ask ;op
you are a crack up!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, what matters most is having wonderful relationships.
Love the jingle! LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun, good company, food, and yarn! Go you!
It was a great night and the cake, freaking awesome. mmmmmmm milk chocolate icing, that was what made it so dang good. Thanks for hosting, it was a good feeling, just sitting, gossiping, knitting, EATING, good times!
ReplyDelete